cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Problem with incoming calls on landline using cable internet and poor service

Hi all, I moved house over a month ago and chose the 'move house' option to transfer my ADSL2+ and home phone (keeping existing number as we moved within the same exchange). The tech came and connected me to cable, changed my number and connected me up to a $115 plan. I was at work but my wife was there and he did not mention any of these changes to her. I came home rang up to complain and was promised that my number will be reverted. This took approximately 3 weeks and hours of sitting on the phone with empty promises and another month to change to the $80 plan. So basically going back to what I had at my old house. Problem now is ALL Telstra calls cannot connect to my landline. I can make outgoing calls but cannot call my place from a Telstra Mobile/Landline (ported from Telstra to Optus in 2013). I spoke to support who advised me to contact Telstra as they have taken the number back.  Bizzarre I know but I did what they said and the Telstra support team laughed at me and suggested I ring back Optus to ask them to do their job. Rang back Optus support and they are sticking with the "Telstra has the number" story. This is a total crock as I am ringing and receiving calls to my Optus number (except Telstra). So as it stands, I have been promised a discount (hasn't happened). Still can't make calls from Telstra number to my landline (never had thus problem with ADSL2+ AND I have to pay and extra $115 bill after I was promised that the change to my plan will happen prior to the month of October. I still shocking service, empty promises, no call backs, inadequate chat service who have been woeful with support. I have restarted my modem (unplugged and replugged in my landline and everything I have found online) to no avail. How can I get my landline working and how can I get some decent service as I am being charged for a service that I cannot use. Most of people I know that ring my landline are Telstra customers. Cheers  Jim
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Problem with incoming calls on landline using cable internet and poor service

Sorry to hear of the issues with your landline, there must be a provisioning error which is causing the problem. I would advise speaking to the Pre-Activations team as opposed to Tech Support as they typically deal with number porting. They can be reached directly on 1300760016, Mon - Fri 08:00 - 20:00, Sat 08:30 - 17:30 EST. Hope this helps!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Problem with incoming calls on landline using cable internet and poor service

Hi there,

Thanks for that I'll give them a try tomorrow. Cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Keep us updated on how you go 😊

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi there, thanks to all who responded. 

So it’s been almost 2 months with this issue. I rang the 1300 number and I got an automated response saying there was a fault with my line but no foreseeable fix date.

No call from the credit department either. I’m just hoping they actually change my account this time as well as repair my number sooner rather than later.

Cheers,

Jim

0 Kudos