Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor gagootzz
Occasional Contributor

Prepaid Broadband - data usage wrong

I used my mobile broadband twice yesterday and had 1.2GB remaining.

15 mins in the morning and then for about 45 mins at 12pm.

I used it again this morning at 7am for 15 mins.

When I went to use it at 12pm today I got a message saying I only had 20MB left.

There is no way I could have used over 1GB since yesterday morning.  Most of my time was on FB which I thought was supposed to be free (and NO I wasn't viewing videos through facebook).

Suddenly I have no data left to use (and still 3 weeks till expiry).

I tried talking to the help desk however they were extremely unhelpful. They basically told me "you've used that data, bad luck".

I am saying that I haven't. It would be near impossible to use that much data in the short times I was logged on.

I would just like my data back please!!

25 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Prepaid Broadband - data usage wrong

I would like to add that my husband and I can both spend 3 hours on our home broadband at night (on you tube, doing downloads etc) and not use close to 1GB. It would have been impossible for me to have used this amount of data in such a short time on my mobile broadband. Your mobile broadband network is too slow for me to have downloaded that much data in that time frame!!!!

I would like this matter investigated please and my data returned to me - BEFORE my expiry date.

Thank you.

Highlighted
RetiredModerator Ryan
RetiredModerator

@gagootzz wrote:

I used my mobile broadband twice yesterday and had 1.2GB remaining.

15 mins in the morning and then for about 45 mins at 12pm.

I used it again this morning at 7am for 15 mins.

When I went to use it at 12pm today I got a message saying I only had 20MB left.

Hey gagootzz - where were you seeing that you had 1.2GB remaining of your data usage? Please keep in mind that the Internet Usage Meter is not a live meter and usage updates can be delayed by up to 48 hours, which could explain the extra data being calculated. Happy to take a closer look into your service for you tho if you send me your Username via a Private Message 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply Ryan.

I had 1.2 GB when I checked on Tuesday Morning (31/7). It was around this the week before when I checked. I logged on a couple times on wednesday (1/8) and then Thursday (2/8) I got a message saying there was no data left.

There is no way I have used 1GB of data on any day or over a number of days so the delay of a 48 hour update just doesn't cut it.

It would be great if I could get a print out of when all this data was supposed to be used. My usage details only tells me when I connected, it doesn't tell me how much data was used. It used to tell me I had XXXGB of data remaining - now obviously there is nothing there.

If optus is saying I have used the data then they need to show me when and how much.  If that can't be done then it means there is nothing that says I HAVE used it, therefore as I actually haven't, the data should be returned to my account!

Considering it has taken me 5 months (I charged at the end of Feb) to use 800MB I very much doubt I am going to use 1GB in a day or two. Again, noting the slow speeds I always encounter on the system it would be near impossible to download that much in the few 30-45 minutes sessions that I was logged on from.

I will PM you my mobile number/account details so you can investigate further.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Any chance someone could look at my issue??

This issue was raise a week ago and is still not solved. I have had no further contact since Ryan's reply.  I PMd him my details but I have not heard back from him. I would have expected a response by now.

Smiley Mad

Highlighted
Crowd Champion MiCCAS
Crowd Champion

Hey mate,

What device are you using for your mobile broadband? Is it a Wifi modem that may be used by other people? Or, is it possible that the modem was left on and was being used by System updates or the like?

Hope you get your issue sorted 😞

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

It's a USB modem. Definitely couldn' t be used by anyone else and I physically removed the device from my laptop when I wasn't using it.

All updates and torrents etc were off (for the exact reason of not wanting to have excess downloads on my USB).

Thanks for the thoughts though - appreciate that someone has replied (even if you aren't optus!!)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Ryan
RetiredModerator

@gagootzz wrote:

Thanks for the thoughts though - appreciate that someone has replied (even if you aren't optus!!)

If you take another look at your Private Messages gagootzz you'll see that I replied to your initial message requesting for you to clarify a few things for me. If you can let me know then I can continue to look into this for you.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Ah, I stand corrected. Sorry about that.  Smiley Embarassed I didn't get a notification that a PM was received.

Yes, I see your PM from 7/08 now. Have replied with the requested clarrification.

Many thanks!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Issue has now been sorted.

Data had been incorrectly removed/wiped from my account (not used by me!!). Data has now been returned to my account.

Thanks to Ryan for sorting.

0 Kudos