Searching...
Accepted Solution

Premium speedpack upgrade for the $90 bundle

jeremytuesley

I had my cable installed yesterday. Had a problem where the internet would cut out every 3 minutes for around 20 - 30 seconds and the speedpack didn't seem like it was installed since it was on 10mbpsinstead of the advertised 100 mbps on the speedtest website (went up to 30 mbps around 1 am(still not the speedpack speed)) Anyway I called up this morning to get it activated was on hold for awhile, the lady I spoke to said okay it should be activated now and then re-directed my call afterwards to the technician area to fix my dcing problem. He told me to unplug the modem while he did something then plug in back in and he did another thing, re-installation of service or something, which ended the phone call and he said he'll call me back later tonight to see if I had any problems. This fixed the disconnecting problem. The speedpack was still not there, so I thought I'll just tell him when he calls well it's 9pm now and still no call and still no speedpack speed, so I was wondering if there was something I had to do on my end or if it's just stuffed up on your end? Because it's normally 30mbps but for the last 2 hours it's been around 5 - 7 mbps and is a little annoying.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Jeremy

Re: Premium speedpack upgrade for the $90 bundle

SamSam

If you're only getting 5-7 Mbps the speed pack isn't the problem (you might have it or you might not). There's either a fault or congestion with your service that I'd strongly recommend getting looked at first before worrying about the speed back. Unfortunately the only way to do that is to call tech who are available 24x7

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

jeremytuesley

Update at 10pm it went back to 30mbps
Went to sleep around 11

Wake up and the disconnecting problem is back.
// Still 30mbps

jeremytuesley

But thanks I'll give them a call soon! Smiley Happy

jeremytuesley

Update: Called, referred to another department a few times went on hold a bunch!
Apparentally will be activated within 48 hours hopefully ><

Tris

How'd this go mate? Was the premium speed added?  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

jeremytuesley

It's still not activated :/
I've called 4 times since this post being on hold and getting transferred back and forth from different departments.

And nothings happened. 

What do I do now if calling doesn't do anything?
Sorry for the slow-ish reply ><

Dave

Hi Jeremy,

Apologies for the slow ish reply back at ya!

Shoot me a DM & we'll get the premium speed issue sorted.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

jeremytuesley

Pm sent as I've been told it will be activated within 48 hours 3 times over 32 days

jeremytuesley

Set top box arived today 41 days later lol
Still no speed pack though. ><

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
94 Kudos
83 Kudos
44 Kudos
38 Kudos
31 Kudos