cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Premium sms? 4G sim only mobile broadband

Hi There,

I am a new Optus customer from Vodafone and new in using 4G mobile broadband as the main source of internet for my devices giving up the traditional ADSL from Dodo

For the first two months it is all going so well but not on the third month, well if I have a choice I want to leave the service straight away (bad luck as I am in 12 months contract)
Firstly I thought or my impression is I have signed up only for 4G sim only mobile broadband and this for INTERNET only much like ADSL. Well I am wrong. Second week of September I started receiving an sms saying I a cost per week to a service and another different one the next day saying FreeMsg. I just deleted it and ignore thinking of that was from Optus offering me something as I am sure they are the only who knows this number as I do not use this for sending sms only internet. OK the week after same day as last week two consecutive days I received exact same sms and I deleted it again. Though this time I decided to check my usage summary via Optus App and surprise an excess usage of $16+ show up but my data is only 5% used. Tried MyOptus portal via usage details and came up with Mobiwatch.co no bytes usage but with a cost associated. I don't recall or do not know what that is.

I search online and forums said to report it to Optus. I tried by phone but no such contact. Online chat came across and this is where I managed to connect to an agent. I have explained the situation. First agent, then second agent the next day and so on. I took the initiative to ask to set zero to premium sms on my account(didn't thought exist) after finding this suggestion from forums. I cannot find such setting in MyOptus portal about it. Then agent says he/she blocked content services,queried and send a complaint on my behalf. Sounds good to be true but WHY since I reported it across 3 agents on consecutive days of everytime I check my current usage (getting paranoid) it still increasing from $16+, then $23+ and today $32+???
You gotta be kidding I have been a victim of a SCAM!!!

Please can anyone help from OPTUS???
All I want is just internet, value for money not ripping and not protecting their customer=(

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Premium sms? 4G sim only mobile broadband

Hmmmm, 15 views and no reply???

NoOptus=(=(=(

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Premium sms? 4G sim only mobile broadband

Hey @NewbieOptussie, I'm sorry we couldn't respond to this one till now 😞 It does sound like you've been charged for Premium SMS content services. These are subscription based services that are often unknowingly subscribed to by clicking on a URL or some form of banner advertising (even via FB). You have been given the correct advice here. If you're having issues setting your Premium SMS Spend control to $0.00, you can always request this from our live chat team → http://yesopt.us/chat2us.

You can also ask them to raise a dispute with the premium content provider on your behalf. A representative will contact you within 2-3 business days to arrange your refund.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos