Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
CitizenDan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Porting to another provider

I just got an email telling me my request to port my optus mobile broadband number to another provider was being processed.

I never requested it to be ported to another provider. Why did I get this email?

I've tried to find a contact form on the optus website, but there isn't one. Just a load of irrelevent questions not even vaguely related to what's happening. The Live Chat function doean't work either.

I am less than happy with this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Porting to another provider

That's weird as didn't think you could even port a mobile broadband number and it wouldn't make sense even if you could. Possibly someone playing a joke or someone being a dh. What happens when you try the live chat link below? Do you get a blank page, all support staff are busy or what does it do?

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

CitizenDan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

When I try the live chat function nothing at all happens. I click the appropriate link and zilch.

I've done a bit more digging and discovered that the sim number quoted in the email isn't the same number as my actual sim. It isn't even close.

The email definitely came from Optus though and wasn't rerouted to a phishing site.

Currently a guy called Brock is looking into it on the Optus Twitter account. Because of the discrepancy between the sim number quoted and my actual number, I think it might be safe to ignore the email. I'll wait and see what Brock comes up with.

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hopefully Brock will be able to let you know why this transfer request happened in the first place. Incidentally I just tried the live chat myself and the links didn't do anything for me either. After clearing the temp files and reloading the page the chat box finally loaded but it was very slow to come up.