cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor gray
Contributor

Porting numbers to optus

I wanted to to help a friend switch over to Optus and the sales team promised a smooth transition not like it was for me when I joined Optus and it took five weeks to port my numbers over.

This latest effort has taken hours of my time on the phone with conflicting information from different staff members with Poor language skills in many cases. All this has resulted in delays leaving an elderly lady without a phone, it’s just not good enough and Optus need to lift their game

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Porting numbers to optus

Hey gray,

Good on you for having the right intention and it's disappointing to hear things haven't gone smoothly as planned.

Are you porting it over in your name or in your friend's name? If in your friend's name, have they been by your side when on the phone talking to Optus? Do you know what the reason for the delay is?

Just a heads up that we don't have visibility of customer accounts here on our public online forum. 

If further assistance is needed with this one, the account holder can also contact Optus by sending a message or our social media channels.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor gray
Contributor

@Ray_YC wrote:

Hey gray,

Good on you for having the right intention and it's disappointing to hear things haven't gone smoothly as planned.

Are you porting it over in your name or in your friend's name? If in your friend's name, have they been by your side when on the phone talking to Optus? Do you know what the reason for the delay is?

Just a heads up that we don't have visibility of customer accounts here on our public online forum. 

If further assistance is needed with this one, the account holder can also contact Optus by sending a message or our social media channels.

the delay I was told was that Telstra would not release the number. One Optus person said I should phone Telstra to request it, I said forget it mate, that's the job of Optus. Then another Optus lady from India said 'don't call Telstra'. Strange that Telstra were very quickly able to unlock the iPhone on my request, which preventing me from setting up the iPhone. It was Apple that found that was the holdup with the mobile via the IMEI number. Optus tech support didn't figure that out. So the mobile is working with Optus, but waiting a week with no guarantees of meeting the date (two days away) to get the customers landline and internet working is not good. Well it's better than the 5 weeks I had to wait. Switching to Optus will save this pensioner over $400 a year which is good, but my word what clumsy process this is.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Good to hear some progress has been made with the mobile successfully ported across.

By all means if there is an issue with the fixed services, contact Optus to find out what's happening.

Hope it goes smoothly from here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor gray
Contributor

Well to update the porting is still incomplete, it will be days yet, maybe.

frankly, Optus was disappointing, I kept getting passed on to someone else, including the "case manager" who also passed the problem on instead of managing the case.

it was Telstra who actually took the time to isolate the reasons for the difficulty. Likewise when I had problems with a new account on an iPhone for the same person, it was Apple, not Optus who discovered the iPhone sim was locked to Telstra by looking up the IMEI number. Then Telstra promptly released the phone to use the Optus sim.

There is no doubt that Optus is cheaper, but for efficient service Telstra seems hard to beat based on my recent experience.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for the update.

Do you know who it is currently sitting with? Do you have a fault ticket / case reference number I can try to follow up on?

0 Kudos
Contributor gray
Contributor

Yes, the case number is 21807349, today was the day the home number was promised for porting to Optus. I spent an hour on the phone being passed from one person in India to another, the FOURTH person I spoke to, who claimed to be the best person to speak with, passed me on to someone else mentioning the matter was “white gloved”. The next person said she would send an email to the “case manager”, this is the same useless person in Mumbai I spoke to days ago, who passed me on to someone else. I was promised the case manager would call me today, naturally it was another and third failed promise of a call back. I have witnessed over the last 10 days the most incompetent organisation I have ever dealt with. One operator was clearly working from home with her kids screaming in the background. I plan to direct to account back to Telstra, and also seek to change my business account to Telstra. I’ve had enough after now 8 hours wasted on the phone.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Yes it shouldn't be necessary for you to be calling up and should be kept updated by the case manager instead. That is disappointing and I understand why you've made that decision.

0 Kudos
Contributor gray
Contributor

Well, amazingly I had a call late yesterday from Optus after wasting another two hours in the morning. Basically to say the porting was “half way through” and there is nothing anyone can to to change that. It is HOPED that is should be completed by the 13th. If it’s not, that will mark the end of optus for me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Okay thanks for the update. Nice to know they took some action out of my follow up request. Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos