Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor AndrewM20
New Contributor

Porting landline number from Telstra to Optus Cable

Hi
Two days ago I submitted an online form to port my Telstra landline number to my Optus cable entertainment bundle. On submission an online note appeared thanking me for my request and that my order is in progress. No reference number or email or text message that I submitted the request.
Today I called Optus to find out when the porting will take place. What I thought would be a simple and painless process resulted in me speaking to many people that were either just unwilling to help or just did know how to and would transfer me to another department. I would have to explain to each person the issue. I spoke to people in technical, sales, billing, retentions and other departments. I was even told that they have my submission and the request was sent to Telstra but Telstra has not responded and that I would have to call Telstra to resolve.
I gave in and called Telstra only to be told that they have not received a porting request and that Optus would contact Telstra if there was an issue, I should not have to try to resolve with Telstra.
So I called Optus again and once again I went on the merry go round. No one willing to help. No one willing to put me through to complaints. The last person telling me that I would have start new service before transferring me to another department and being put on hold for a lengthy time where I hung up as I had to get back to work.
Length of calls today to Optus 9:00am 59 minutes, 12:45pm 62minutes
To Telstra 11:57am 32 minutes
That is 2 1/2 hours and getting nowhere plus having to write this message.
Please can someone help me get this sorted out so I don't have get back on the phone and waste any more time and also having to pay for two phone services.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Porting landline number from Telstra to Optus Cable

Hi AndrewM20,

What a frustrating experience!

Please be aware that we’re unable to look into account details/orders on Yes Crowd.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.  

That way you'll also have it in writing and won't have to repeat yourself. The team should be able to assist.

Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor AndrewM20
New Contributor

Hi Ray. Thank you for your reply. Sorry but I'm old school and don't have social media.  Is there another way to do this.

Regards

Andrew

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Andrew,

That's understandable!

Please Chat with us selecting the Technical Support option.

If you're not satisfied after going down that path, please let me know again here and we'll try another way.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos