Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor John_melb
New Contributor

Porting home phone from TPG?

I  applied online and was connected to Optus Cable and home phone on 23rd of September. I was moving from TPG ADSL and home phone plan which is active until 11th of October.

When applying online there is no option to port so I currently have a TPG and Optus number active. Called Optus to arrange porting my home phone number from TPG to Optus, and  they record the request but asked me to complete the form, and they sent me this link:

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/online-porting-authority-request?requestType=NormalReque...

The problem is there is no option under existing phone provider drop down box to opt for TPG. I spoke to numerous people who couldn't seem assist with this question the options where:

1. Fill the form saying Telstra is the provider  - didn't work form gives an error message
  2. Talk to sales team - they couldn't help.
  3. Go to an Optus shop to complete the form
  4. Go to TPG and get them to port it - this sounded like they were trying to get rid of me.

What are my options should I go to the Optus shop?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RetiredModerator Guy
RetiredModerator

Re: Porting home phone from TPG?

Hey john_mel. Send me a PM with your details and I'll send you a manual porting form by e-mail 🙂 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Ben_Ben
New Contributor

I am having the same issue as john_mel , trying to port our home phone from TPG. 

Can you kindly send the form to me as well.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Heya @Ben_Ben, you can find the porting form HERE Smiley Happy 

If you still need a hand, feel free to chat with us via Live Chat HERE as well.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos