Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Rowdon
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Porting Home Phone to Optus

Hi, I recently applied for porting of my home phone to optus and recieved the following text message

Please visit www.optus.com.au/porting to provide the accurate Losing Service Provider account number for 0263******.

Thank you - Optus,

I replied to the message but this went no where please assist?

Thansk, Mark.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steph_C
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Porting Home Phone to Optus

Oh no! To clarify Mark - did you click on the link, select 'Home Phone' and input your information so our activations team can organise the port for you? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Rowdon
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Yes I filled in the online form but the provider I am moving from (Skymesh) is not in the drop down list.

This seems to have broken the whole process?

Thanks, Mark

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Okay, thanks for elaborating, Mark. I would suggest touching base with our activation's team on 1300739402 or via Live Chat. They would be the best department to speak to with regards to your Landline port.    

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Rowdon
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Yes tried both those options without success so now I am here!

I will list the Live chat record so you get an idea of the run around I am experiencing.

Thanks, Mark.

0 Kudos
Rowdon
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

9/16/2017 Optus Chat Support
https://www.optus.com.au/psp247/247SN.html#key=optus-v1-001&version=v0.1&pspVersion=default&cdnPath=... 1/4
Thank you for choosing Optus. Optus has a privacy policy, please let your consultant know if you would like
additional information.
Arlene • 04:47 PM
Hi, this is Arlene from Fixed Service team, welcome to Optus LiveChat. How can I help you today?
You • 04:47 PM
I would like to port a phone number to optus
Arlene • 04:48 PM
Sure let me have a look into the account and see what best can be done.
Arlene • 04:48 PM
I need to access the account to help you out - can you please pop in the account details in the box displayed
below please?
Arlene • 04:49 PM
Thank you for the details Mark.
Arlene • 04:50 PM
Are your looking for a new service with Optus?
You • 04:51 PM
Not sure which form to complete to replace 0253550206 (Optus) with 0263323678 (Currently Skymesh)
You • 04:51 PM
Both on NBN
Arlene • 04:54 PM
Let me check that for you.
Arlene • 05:00 PM
May I ask from which provider your trying to port the number ?
You • 05:00 PM
Skymesh
Arlene • 05:03 PM
I kindly request you to ask the Skymesh to port number from Optus so that they will contact Optus and get
this resolved for you
You • 05:03 PM
I am certain that the provider that is taking over the service starts the port?
You • 05:04 PM
There are forms on your website - First question is it a home phone or wireless phone?
Arlene • 05:04 PM
It is your home phone number.
Arlene • 05:05 PM
I'm sorry Mark. We currently do not have any forms available to do porting.
You • 05:05 PM
I can see them on your web site?
You • 05:06 PM
http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/online-porting-authority-request?
requestType=NormalRequest&id=1485&typeId=5
You • 05:06 PM
SUBMIT A PORTING AUTHORITY ONLINE Wireless Phone: Transfer your current home phone number
over to Optus to use as your Optus Wireless telephone number. (This number could be with another service
provider or already with Optus), Please don’t cancel your existing service number with the other provider
until the transfer is complete Mobile Phone: Transfer your current Postpaid mobile phone number from
another service provider over to Optus. Please don’t cancel your existing service number with your current
provider until the transfer is complete For information on Prepaid Mobile transfers click here Home Phone:
Transfer a current home phone number from another service provider over to Optus or request a connection
with a new number. Please don’t cancel your existing service number with your current provider until the
transfer is complete
Arlene • 05:07 PM
Let me check that for you.
You • 05:08 PM
OK, Thanks
Arlene • 05:08 PM
Click here
https://www.optus.com.au/psp247/247SN.html#key=optus-v1-001&version=v0.1&pspVersion=default&cdnPath=... 2/4
You • 05:10 PM
Ok, I can use that one but how do I insure that it replaces my current optus number with the new one?
You • 05:12 PM
And Skymesh is not in the drop down list?
Arlene • 05:13 PM
In this case you will have to check with the Skymesh provider in order to check if the number is activated or
not.
You • 05:14 PM
My number is activated and working - I have completed the form and ready to submit but Skymesh is not in
the list for current provider?
Arlene • 05:16 PM
I'll be right with you.
You • 05:16 PM
Thanks - If the drop down had "other" I think we would be OK?
Arlene • 05:17 PM
Yes in this case I would suggest you to contact Skymesh provider and they will take care of it.
You • 05:17 PM
No - This is on your end please esculate
Arlene • 05:20 PM
Just to confirm would you like to change the number ?
You • 05:20 PM
Move an existing Skymesh number over to Optus and replace my current Optus number.
You • 05:21 PM
The form on your website does the job but does not have Skymesh listed
You • 05:21 PM
Do you have technical support to call on to help us out?
Arlene • 05:23 PM
I'll be right with you.
Arlene • 05:24 PM
I kindly request you to stay connected while I transfer the chat to our sales team who will be able to port the
number from Skymesh.
You • 05:24 PM
Ok, Please ensure I do not have to recover any detail.
Arlene • 05:25 PM
You don't have to repeat the details again.
You • 05:25 PM
Thank you.
This interaction has been transferred
Arlene left the chat
Shaun has joined th e chat
Hi, you are now chatting with Shaun.
Shaun • 05:25 PM
Hi, this is Shaun, your Optus Sales Consultant, how can I help?
Hi there
You • 05:25 PM
Hi, Can you read thread so far?
I see that you are looking to transfer a number to optus which is with other service provider.
You • 05:26 PM
Yes.
Shaun • 05:26 PM
I will help you with that
Shaun • 05:26 PM
Can I know which plan you are considering?
You • 05:26 PM
I think the online form will do the job - but my current provider is not listed Skymesh
https://www.optus.com.au/psp247/247SN.html#key=optus-v1-001&version=v0.1&pspVersion=default&cdnPath=... 3/4
You • 05:27 PM
I am on the 80 nbn plan with included phone
Shaun • 05:27 PM
I will arrange the order form my end and confirm you the order here
Shaun • 05:27 PM
But what do you want to order?
You • 05:28 PM
Port 0263323678 (Skymesh) to 0253550206 (Optus)
Shaun • 05:30 PM
just to confirm are you looking to replace the optus number with the skymesh number?
You • 05:30 PM
Yes, Thanks
Shaun • 05:31 PM
Sorry but there is no such option.
You • 05:31 PM
What is this for then? http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/online-porting-authority-request
Shaun • 05:33 PM
If It was a new service we could have done that but since you are replacing the number I do not have an
option to do that sorry
You • 05:34 PM
Home Phone: Transfer a current home phone number from another service provider over to Optus or request
a connection with a new number. Please don’t cancel your existing service number with your current
provider until the transfer is complete???????
You • 05:34 PM
We seem to be going in circles Shaun?
Shaun • 05:35 PM
Allow me a moment please.
You • 05:36 PM
Just to clarify - I think the Home form is the correct one but I can not select Skymesh as the current
provider......
You • 05:37 PM
That fact this form exists the way it does suggests that we can port the number.
Shaun • 05:38 PM
I will transfer this chat to our service team now you can check and confirm with them if the optus number
can be replacerd with the skymesh number please stay online
You • 05:39 PM
Ok, This will be the Third pass and approaching 1 hour on chat.
Hi, you are now chatting with Elena.
This interaction has been transferred
Shaun left the chat
Elena has joined th e chat
Hi, you are now chatting with Elena.
Elena • 05:40 PM
Hello You are through to Optus Home Phone Services, two minutes of your time while I check with your
previous chat with our team.
You • 05:41 PM
Ok, Thanks
Elena • 05:41 PM
You are welcome:)
Elena • 05:42 PM
I understand you would like to port and replace your existing number with Optus.
You • 05:42 PM
Yes, Please.
Elena • 05:42 PM
Let me check what best can be done.
Elena • 05:44 PM
The best can be done is, You can port the number you have from the other service provider.
https://www.optus.com.au/psp247/247SN.html#key=optus-v1-001&version=v0.1&pspVersion=default&cdnPath=... 4/4
Elena • 05:44 PM
Once you get the number ported you can cease the current number.
Elena • 05:45 PM
Until then you will have both the number active.
You • 05:45 PM
OK, So what steps do I take?
Elena • 05:45 PM
You will have to place the porting order first.
Elena • 05:46 PM
Once the number is ported you can get back and cease the number.
You • 05:46 PM
So I have filled out the form from your website, do I not fill in the current provider?
Elena • 05:47 PM
Nah, you need not. Optus will contact your service provider to release the number.
You • 05:47 PM
Ok, so submit the Home porting form online now?
Elena • 05:48 PM
Yes, you can fill out the form.
Elena • 05:48 PM
I can also connect you to our sales team to discuss the same.
Elena • 05:49 PM
Would you like to speak to them?
You • 05:49 PM
Ok, I got order in progress + I will save this rather lengthy chat session , Thanks

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for sending that through, @Rowdon. So, I've spoken with our NBN techs and porting department. They have advised me they you're unable to port your number across from Skymesh, as Optus and Skymesh do not have a porting agreement. 

Although this certainly can be done with other providers, it doesn't seem to be the case with Skymesh. This would be why it's not appearing on the dropdown menu. Terribly sorry, but there's nothing I can do from my end. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Rowdon
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Are you certain?

I thought a fundamental of moving to the NBN was migration of PSTN services to the Broadband provider.

The number in question is mine not Skymesh's so there must be a way. Are you certain that you are not just putting it in the to hard basket because it is not a normal port? There are certainly many exotic providers in the drop down list so there must be a way?

And finally I require this number - it is a deal breaker so let me know if I need to escalate.

Thanks, Mark

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

I've just triple checked our agreements and spoken with a few reps and they have confirmed this unfortunately, Mark. Definitely not popping it into the too hard basket. 

Skymesh, the provider, just don't have a porting agreement with Optus i'm afraid. I can't do anything from my end & neither can my supervisors. r

You're well within your rights to escalate this if you wish, however I can't guarantee anything will come from it.
Terribly sorry, I understand you're needing this number.

0 Kudos