Searching...

Port forwarding

[ Edited ]
woo10

New cable connection to Opening and ports 25 and 80 are not open, I have been told that port 25 is open but my port forwarding is not going through, which can only mean that it is still blocked. I have also set up port 443 to be forwarded and that is working for me.

Can I have someone PM asap as I need these open urgently. I was hoping that it would be a smooth transition from my last provider but it doesn't seem like that's the case.

i have been on and off he phone with technical support to pre-activation to billing to back to technical support and then referred to netgear.

Re: Port forwarding

woo10

So i was just waiting to talk to "Premium" home support, waited for over 30mins and someone answered and hung up on me.

This is ridiculous, can someone call me instead?

Scott_M

Hi @woo10, Optus block port 25 and 80 by default from what I understand. 25 can be unblocked but not 80. -Scott

woo10

Hi @Scott_M, from my discussions with technical support they have unblocked port 25. From what I can see, even though the port 25 is open on my end and Optus is telling me that it is unblocked on their end. Port 25 is still blocked when I check it.

as mentioned in earlier posts, port 443 opens fine and port 25 is set up in the exact same way but doesn't work

koi

ive been having issues for months, keep playing with port fowarding and resetting as keep cant access battlefield 1 etc have opened up all ports they state and just always having problems

woo10

Support on this issue is the worst, been a month now and still the port i want is not open.

I have opened port 24, 25, 26 on the router, all pointing to the same location and only port 25 cannot reach that location.

Its plain and simple that optus is blocking the port.

TheBaconson2

Port 80 is unblocked on my Optus cable connection.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
73 Kudos
53 Kudos
38 Kudos
24 Kudos