cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Port forwarding on my Sagemcom 5366TN modem won't work

I'm trying to port forward a specific port for a game server I want to host for my friends. I've set the rule in the port forwarding menu for my PC on my router access page, but it seems that the port remains closed when checked on an open port checker. What could possibly be the issue here.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Port forwarding on my Sagemcom 5366TN modem won't work

Are both UDP and TCP ports reported as closed?

Port scanners aren't always reliable for UDP ports because UDP ports, by design, do not automatically reply and therefore may appear as closed to port scanners.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am running into the same issue with me Sagemcom F@ST 5366 LTE.  Optus has offered to help if I prepay $99 with my credit card.  Has anyone gotten port forwarding to work?

--David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@DavidonOpt wrote:

Optus has offered to help if I prepay $99 with my credit card.

You're getting ripped off, I only charge $98.99 🤣

Has anyone gotten port forwarding to work?

It really depends on what you are trying to port forward. Most people do not seem to get it to work with security cameras or general remote access to their home networks, but those getting their games consoles to work are generally successful. What are you trying to do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just need a high port forwarded to handle SSH.  With that I can tunnel everything else.  It's possible that my tests last night failed due to NAT Loopback being disabled.  I'll have to fire up the Sagemcom again this evening to see if that was the issue. 

Any advice or suggestions are always welcome.  I'll be sure to report back with results.

--David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

The 5366 definitely has a known NAT Loopback problem.

I think this is the most detailed/useful SSH specific discussion I've had that might be useful.

0 Kudos