Searching...

Port Forwarding

louiecw

How do I get Optus to Open Ports that are blocked.

I would like to remote into my home from the office and optus has blocked ports on the network. I need a few ports opened.

Re: Port Forwarding

Paddylee

Perhaps advising what your home internet connection is and perhaps the ports needed?

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

louiecw

I have cable broadband at home and I want to open a port range of 1022 - 1032 for now.

Paddylee

Pretty sure they dont block those ports at all.

Is a thread with heaps of info

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Opening-ports-on-my-optus-broadband-router/td-p...

Its nothing that Optus can do - its all done on your router (as those ports you specified are not blocked).

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

louiecw

Thanks I will have a look and update the thread.

Just a bit of history what I have done; I have opened ports on my cable modem, then I forwarded ports on my WIFI router and still get blocked somewhere. I can confirm, there is no FW on my linux box and the connection on the LAN works fine, but the connection from the internet is blocked somewhere (I tried hot-spoting on 4G, so there are no FW contentious issues). I even looked at temp removing the firewall on the cable modem and still blocked somewhere. I actually removed both FWs on the modem and router, still blocked. I also setup a listener on the port on the linux box, when I connect via the LAN, it works. When I connect via the internet, there is zero comms.

So let me read that thread and I will post an update.

Thanks.

Paddylee

On Optus 4g you wont be able to port forward as its all on carrier grade NAT with a shared IP (unless your on a corporate plan or old 3g only business plan, some resellers do offer a public ip though). 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
49 Kudos
38 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos