Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Mikky
New Contributor

Poor video call quality (Skype, Hangouts etc) via 4g internet

Hi,

I have pretty good 4G reception where we are and most of the time pretty good internet speed. Download is 20 to 80Mbps and upload is higher than 5Mbps at all times. Everything is great until we use video conference. Regardless of platform either it is PC, tablet or phone and software used e.g . Skype or Hangouts. The video constantly freezes. I started monitoring conference speeds and noticed that it never exceeds 2Mbps and often goes as low as 0.1Mbps. When it happens it speed test network and it is all OK - plenty of bandwith... It also happens with multiple parties that I can't fault as same conferences from place of work are going well. 

Any thoughts? Is that possible that Optus have some video conference streaming throttling? I consider myself technical enough to guarantee that nothing at our place can be a problem... What is it then? Cheers for helping. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Poor video call quality (Skype, Hangouts etc) via 4g internet

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with these details. If not, please chat with us. Sounds like best bet is to get a fault ticket raised.

Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy