cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Poor speeds and poor tech support

Been having poor internet for a few months now, but came the time that enough is enough. Can't work from home, can't study from home, can't watch optus sports through Fetch Tv box. Everything kept cutting out. Did some speed test to see something like 5Mbps Download / 0.91 Mbps Upload speeds. 

Could get hold of anyone for a few days, Live Chat wasn't helping, call line tech assistant with an hour waiting time. Getting a little angry by now. Why am I'm paying for something that I can't get access to? Seeing that Optus wasn't supplying the service or support it's suppose to.

Finally able to get through to someone. Hooray...! To be told there could be a fault in the line somewhere, and we can send someone out to look at it, though before hand you need to be willing  and commit to pay $150 if there's a problem. What? Not sure why I have to pay for something when it wasn't something I created? And couldn't fully understand why I would be chaged this fee. I refused the $150 fee, so I get no tech man coming out. I feel I've been paying enough already for a service I have been told I would be getting, but really not. 

Optus your internet speed, service and support is money gouging and your ripping us off. I want the product you promised I would be getting. 

This isn't right.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Poor speeds and poor tech support

@Gypsy1, I've sent you private message with a bit more info.

You're welcome to chat with us there if you like. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos