Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor GMB000
New Contributor

Poor service from Optus "Support"

Hi All,

I am overseas in Sri Lanka. Trying to get Optus to rectify my suspended webmail is frustratingly impossible. I have been onto 6 different chatters with this still unresolved problem -- I have been given wrong informatiomn and also misdirected to wrong sites. Extremely annoying having problems when overseas. I keep being told that my webmail is "active" when it has not been updated from several different devices/computers/smartphone. The account is in very positive credit......................Any ideas ?  GMB000

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Re: Poor service from Optus "Support"

Hey @GMB000, really sorry to hear that you've been unable to get this resolved 😞

Are you able to give us a bit more information as to what's happening with the email address? Are you getting any errors?

If you login to our Webmail site here, do you see your emails or any errors? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor GMB000
New Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I solved the problem myself ! The webmail site was "active" on checking and financially viable. The problem was the qoata had been reached. I was able to find this on the Settings on the desktop version. After deleting multiple emails, the constipated system was able to work again. Why couldn't the chatters suggest this ? How can I avoid this in  future?.................................GMB000

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Yay! Really glad to hear that you've been able to resolve it 🙂 

To avoid this occurring again down the track I'd recommend checking your mail quota within your settings once a month or so.

Have a great weekend! 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos