cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Poor customer service

There doesn't seem to be anywhere to voice my concerns regarding customer service ... so here it is.

I recently had to change my credit card details for my direct debit. I rang Optus and informed them. As we have for some reason been unable to merge our Cable and telephone together, I asked the Customer service operator to check that both accounts had been changed okay.

What I got in response was a very condescending tone (not what one would expect as a customer) and reply indicating of course they had been! Great! I'm glad, so I won't need to deal anymore with this issue. Within a few minutes of hanging up, I received a confirmatory SMS stating that both accounts had been updated. Phew! All good until........

Payment doesn't come out of the Cable account (I made sure that I checked). Another long call to Optus.....sure, it's a telephone call but when you are so unwell as I am, it is not convenient nor easy. 

So there you go, I'm not happy with the Customer service received from the initial operator (I have her details and time of original call if anyone cares to provide feedback and perhaps further customer service training where the customer is treated with a little more  respect as we are the customer)!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Poor customer service

Hi @Mel00 - thanks for reaching out & providing some feedback around your experience. With regards to Direct Debit, the payment won't be processed until the following bill cycle after the direct debit has processed. More than likely you'll see the payment go through on the next due date. That being said, our reps shouldn't be communicating with our customers in a condescending tone. We certainly don't condone that type of behaviour and apologise for how we've left you feeling. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos