Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Don37
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Poor Service

On 10th Dec my modem failed due to a severe electrical storm. I rang Optus and they concurred with my assessment and were to send me a new modem. I got a SMS with the tracking number but I inadvertantly deleted it as I have a very old mobile phone. I thought OK no problem it will be here in under a week. 

A week later no modem so I rang again and apologies and said they would send another sent a tracking number by SMS and I agian deleted it. 

Another week went by and I called again and and the call centre person said there have been many people complain of no delivery and there is a problem in their system (likely story blame the system). I was then sent an SMS to track it but this time no tracking number. 

On the my account page it tells me to my address it takes two buisness days but there had been many buisness days between 10th Dec and now.

Today is Sat and the call centre is shown as closed so I have to wati until next Tue before calling them again.

The process is frustrating as it takes along time to talk to someone and I have to do it on a small mobile phoen and the indian accent is very difficult for me to understand.

I have been a customer for a considerable time and it is now FRUSTRATING to say the least.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Poor Service

Hi @Don37, not good to hear that this has occurred and you've been unable to track your modem 😞

Generally speaking it should arrive in less than 5 business days, if you'd like us to track it down from our end please PM me with your account number, full name and DOB. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Don37
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sent reply as suggested and no answer. 

Rang to follow up and it took 45min before I got a real person then another 15 min for them to tell me about system problems then to say they will talk to the modem supplier.

I hope there will be an adjustment of the Dec bill as I have had no service for almost a month.

0 Kudos
Don37
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Correction I did get a reply but I never saw it in the message tab.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey @Don37,

I've just replied back to your PM. Our courier has generated a consignment for this one and the modem is out for delivery. As far as account adjustments are concerned, I'm more than happy to discuss this with you once the modem has been received on your end.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Don37
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Don37
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The good and bad news

Good news the modem arrived today

Bad new the modem was proberbly OK but the power supply was cactus.

Tried it with the old power supply same fault used new power supply supplied now OK

In the end it worked out OK but it took a long time and a lot of anguish.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey @Don37, I've sent you another private message just in regards to the credit adjustment we'll be applying. We'll chat with you there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos