Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor not_satisfied
Occasional Contributor

Plan mixed up

Hi everyone

Hope you all had a lovely Easter not having to deal with bill mishaps.

I signed up for the $60 Broadband plan as advertised plus $5 for the unlimited local and national calls. But I keep getting charged over $65 which I keep questioning and Optus gives me very ambiguous answers.

However, every time someone will tell me "You are on the basic $80 basic plan with $20 discount" but you have made local and national calls so you are being charged extra as no call packs are added. The thing is...I signed up and CONFIRMED with several chat agents that yes! I am on the bundle deal with $5 local and national calls deal so I wouldnt have to think about it. But this happens everytime but I can see that I am being credited unlimited local and national calls.

Also, there is no where that says GST not included in the $60 ( no (#) or (*) ).

So whats going on with your system Optus? Why do you advertise and not uphold your end of the deal? Fix your systems.

Does anyone else get this problem? Check your bills guys! And your direct debit as it takes a miracle to get your money back!!!

- https://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/home-broadband/plans?keyword_k=%2Boptus%20%2Bbundles&ca_chid... gclid=Cj0KCQjwnqzWBRC_ARIsABSMVTPUFH_CE0xWC9IRLC_3h2c4CIdtUkBj6Mz2c4doQ4J25kveddOXvu8aApXXEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CLvN8b-yrtoCFcMavAoddncC7g

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Plan mixed up

@not_satisfied

Sounds like a definite mix up. Optus staff can sometime "build" various plans to get an end result. i.e. they don't just select "$60 plan" from the menu always. 

Sounds like you do need to find someone who can just revert you to the standard $60 plan with $5 for calls. Hopefully a mod will appear soon to help (they're pretty good at sorting behind the scene snafus).

FWIW all prices include GST.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor not_satisfied
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Peter.

So what they do with the so call MyBasics Plan is they break down the calls and then add GST on to it. But they I point out I have the $5 pack, they go on to argue that I dont have it until I point out its on my bill ... which then they ambigously tell me its for all sorts of account charges and fees. or they ask me to sign up for direct debit.

I'm so frustrated!!

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Its difficult to know what the specific issue is here.

Is GST an issue? Optus used to list bills without GST until right at the very end. Not very helpful. But recently they've changed to bills that include GST in all prices. Prices online etc. all include GST (So a $60 plan = a $60 plan). 

Get a print out of one of your bills and it should list what you are being charged for. Once you know that then you can begin to discus what's going wrong.

Regards

Peter Gillespie