cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Annehas
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Plan change with new modem/Fetch TV upgrade not going through?

I am currently on the Entertainment bundle which is now out of contract.

I have twice filled out the Change my DSL plan to a Reach plan, and both times failed to get an email to confirm.

I have rang customer support (after being transfered twice and being on hold for over 30 minutes) who told me the plan was going through and should be active on October 4 - yesterday.  When I logged in tonight to my account, it is still showing up as the Entertainment bundle.

They also discovered that there was an old email (which is no longer active) linked to my account and the confirmation email had been sent to it, despite billing emails going to my current email which I had updated myself in my account.  Supposedly the email has now been updated.

I am still waiting for a new modem and Fetch TV upgrade which, if the plan was to be activated on Oct 4, should have been here by now.

I have tried online chat support who are unable to assist (again after transferring, then waiting, and finally getting told they can't help and I have to call.

Your phone menus do not make sense as I follow the prompts for DSL via a non Optus exchange and plan changes, wait on hold, only to be transferred to another department and waiting on hold again.

How can I get confirmation of my plan change/tracking for new hardware/etc

0 Kudos
6 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Plan change with new modem/Fetch TV upgrade not going through?

There's currently a 15 day delay on Fetch TV boxes. Not sure if that's in play.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Tano
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Annehas, that sounds like quite the run-around 😞 Have you managed to get any clarification on your order since messaging? If not, send through a private message with the full name, account number and DOB attached the service, and we'll take a look into this for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Annehas
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @Tano, I got through again to support the other night, after being on hold for over 30 minutes, where I was told there was no record of my plan change request.

Through logmein, I showed him my browser history of the past 2 attempts to change my plan, and walked him through a 3rd plan change.

He has promised to personally follow through the change, and repeated consulted with his supervisor throughout the process.

I have since had 2 sms messages regarding the fetch box upgrade, so that part has worked at least. No confirmation emails received as yet, and nothing received regarding the modern.

My account still shows the original plan, but I can see the new fetch tv box and activation case.

So it's a case of wait and see at the moment

0 Kudos
Vicky
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

I've replied to your PM @Annehas 🙂

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Annehas
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

And I've answered 😊

There is some progress, modem and fetch tv box arrived today.

Just waiting for plan and tv subscription change to come through

0 Kudos
Vicky
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

I've responded to your PM - happy to continue the conversation there @Annehas

0 Kudos
Top Contributors