Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Plan Change

I am on Optus Cable (non-nbn) and changed from a grandfathered $55 120GB (50GB/70GB) plan to the new $60 Unlimited plan at the end of last month.  My phone was connected on 2/8/17 and my "scheduled installation" date was 16/8/17.

I have been trying to get an answer via Optus chat since the start of the month but every time I speak to someone I get a different answer (usually "I've done [insert something here], please wait 48/72hrs") and I am continually being bounced between the Technical team and the Fixed Services team.

I was wondering if someone on here might be able to help answer the following:

• When will the MyAccount page update?  It has now been over 2 weeks since I changed plans and it still shows the 120GB plan (and limited usage). 
  • When will my speed increase from 20Mbps/0.5Mbps to 30Mbps/2Mbps?  Will this change once the MyAccount page updates?  I have rebooted my modem numerous times.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Plan Change

What post code / street are you in?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Peter,

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does my suburb/street have to do with changing plans?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Rightfully coy Smiley Happy

Just your post code should do. I'm just checking if connecting to Optus cable is possible in your location.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

PS And just because you are on Optus cable doesn't mean you can connect to it now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear.  I have had Optus cable since 2001 and have only changed plans.  My previous plan didn't have a phone, hence the phone connection earlier this month.  The phone was connected by the Optus tech to my cable modem so I don't have any physical phone line if you are suggesting I might move to ADSL.  And NBN won't be available in my area until 2019 , although apparently it will also be HFC (postcode 3032).  Having spoken to numerous support staff, both Fixed Services and Technical, one of them said the plan would change as of the 16th which was the "connection date" I received in my email.

I'm just wondering when the MyAccount page will reflect the new plan as I'm still seeing downloads come off my monthly limit, and my speed hasn't changed from 20/0.5Mbps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Understood. But changing plans these days can mean a one way trip to changing networks. Its likely just a snafu but I'd first like to rule out you're not in an NBN area yet. 

Edit: You've update your post. So no NBN in your region yet.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ah yeah, fair enough regarding the NBN change.

Any chance the plan change won't take effect until my next bill?  i.e. the start of the month

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus plan changes can be a bit hit and miss through the system. A lot of it seems to revolve around manual updates by staff. My Account can often lag. Its been 24 hours, I'd wait a few more days (unless you've already used up 120Gb?).  Similarly speed updates are a manual process and can take a few goes to kick in. 

Speed changes are usually immediate, but yes the until next month factor is a real possibility.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Guzzi, all optus plans are charged from the start date of the billing month. Please do let us know if you need a hand or you can chat with us here →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos