Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Panda157
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Phones disconnected

My account 11157816000164, is a bundle internet and 2 home phones. They were disconnected on 7 Oct and today my phone lines are still not working. Optus issued me with 2 new phone numbers with an excuse about I didn’t migrate to NBN AFTER THEY ADVISED ME I HAD UNTIL Oct 2018.

i have been passed from pillar to post by live chat and phone support. System team leaspders promise the world but never return calls disputes saying they will get back to me. Having spent 20 years in Telecommunications with TELSTRA I know when lies are being told about infrastructure being taken our etc. the 2 home phone numbers the changed were business lines and my business has suffered.

i know Optus monitors these posts let’s see if something can be done

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kartika

Re: Phones disconnected

Really sorry for the delay in response, @Panda157 and your Cable to NBN migration experience 😞 Were you able to speak with someone to sort this out since posting? When a customer migrates from Cable to NBN initially a new landline number is assigned and once the connection is active then the old landline number is ported across. So this can definitely be fixed. If you still need assistance then please PM us → here your NBN order no or account number, full name and date of birth so that we can look into this for you. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Panda157
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply. You are the 1st person to tell me that Optus issues 2 new numbers on NBN migration then gives you your old numbers back. Problem is I never applied to migrate to the NBN because when I rang Optus they told me I would not be required to do so until October 2018. That was in early Sept. Then on 7th October they cut me off,  reconnected me the same day when I rang up and compliained then cut me off again on 11th October. My business phones have not worked since and it is now 15th Nov. I hope they are aware of the service guarantee they are bound by

0 Kudos
Panda157
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
Pete
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

OK, could you confirm for me if you've since placed an order to have your services transferred over to NBN yet? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Panda157
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No I have not placed an order to migrate to the NBN because all I hear is complaints about the service. I am staying with my cable bundle until the last possible moment which according to all advertising is 18 months after the NBN becomes available in your area.

Telstra is honouring the 18 months agreement and Optus advised me in early September that they were as well and that is why I did not migrate.

i have placed my complaint in the hands of the Telecommunications Ombudsman,my business phones have been out of order since early October and the dealings I have had Optus since then has been futile, frustrating and full of false statements

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Panda157,

You're correct in saying that NBN had committed to an 18 - month switch over window and although I understand your hesitancy to switch across, it's really not all bad news. We've made a business decision to fast-track this process in our HFC cable areas. We've decided to migrate customers across to the NBN Network as soon as the area becomes serviceable. It was NBN themselves who'd advised that both Copper and HFC networks would be shut down within 18 months of an area becoming serviceable. It's also important to note that you're under no obligation to stay with us. Should you decide to seek out another provider to take an NBN service with, you do have the option of doing so. There have also been a number of articles published regarding this topic.

There are customers who have voiced their concerns via social media and other platforms but there are still many customers out there who are satisfied with their NBN service. Have you had a chat with any of your neighbours about the quality of their service?

Who'd specifically advised you that we'd be keeping our HFC network accessible after the roll out? A letter should have been out 90 days before disconnecting the service to advise you that NBN was now available at your address. Had you received this? If we've already gone ahead with a mass disconnection, I'm afraid we're unable to reconnect you. Feel free to send us a PM with your account details. I'm happy to run a couple of checks for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos