Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Phone not working on NBN; How can I report fault

Phone has not been working  for 3 or 4 days.   According to website no outages in my area.  Tried to report on line but after making all required checks, was informed to call 131344.  Called 131344 and was told I should use website instead and if I wanted to hold I could expect a 90 minute wait. 

I had read Kelly Bayer Rosmarin's email about all the wonderful things optus was doing (???) and I felt like vomiting.  Does she expect me to believe optus is providing a service when they go out of their way to make it impossible to report a fault.  I am DISGUSTED.  Especially as it is extremely hard to believe optus is affected anywhere near as much by Covid 19 as most other organisations.

Well, I still have a fault and there appears to be virtually no way of reporting it to you

(and incidentally, switching NBN box and modem/router off and on again does not work (as it usually does), There is no green "telephone" light on modem/router.  the problem applies both with with our cordless phone (which works perfectly on intercom between handsets) and with an old Telstra TF200 phone that does work.)

I hope everybody understands I am very unhappy with optus.  "YES", I'm very unhappy

Gordon

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Phone not working on NBN; How can I report fault

There is a significant major problem with making any form of contact with Optus at the moment that they just refuse to acknowledge. They removed Chat facility a couple of days ago and they only communication currently being acknowledged is the Message facility on their MyOptus App on your mobile. Even they you just message back/forth and you get no resolution to your problem. I was moved over to an NBN plan on 19 March by NBN tech and Optus were supposed to fix the final link of the modem and service activation. They have been giving me the CoVid 19 excuse since that time. I lost my ADSL service and still waiting with no internet and phone since 19 March. Optus Shop in EastVillage or Bondi dont want a bar of my problem and just refer you to call 133937 where you dont progress anywhere past the options selection menu.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

What type of service do you have? Is the phone line directly from the Optus modem? My suggestion is to turn everything off for 5 minutes. Then turn one things on at a time from the device connected to the wall. Give a 5 minutes gap between turn on each device.

Give the messaging option from MyOptus App a go. Covid 19 has affected many businesses and people, Optus is not immune to it. Their main call center is closed and thus has significantly reduced their capacity. However, that does not ease the pain for those who need help with their service. We all need to be patience and understanding.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Just an update to you....you seem a patient soul and back on 29/3 I thought I could be also. But it's now 11 April and I'm not more advanced. I am really frustrated by my technical problem but not nearly as much as I am infuriated by Optus total inability to set up an appropriate customer support facility. Currently their fall back position is to direct all traffic to their MyOptus App which when it does connect basically deflects to quick help guides on the Optus sites or 13 numbers where you never get answered. I hope you have seen enough of my type of messages on here by now to realise that your faith in Optus is mis-placed.
0 Kudos