Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Phone line physically disconnected

So, my telephone line got physically disconnected from my house during storms a while back when a tree took out the line. 

The line is still connected to the pole but the other end is currently sitting on the floor. 

It's been like this for nearly 3 weeks now!

The fault was reported and an engineer begrudgingly came out with a ladder, decided it was too hard for him to fix and said "you need an aerial team to fix that" as it's a 2 storey house. 

Numerous phone calls and twitter chats with Optus over the past few weeks have so far yielded nothing apart from "we're talking to the NBN but don't have a status update". 

I don't understand why it's taking so long to get a broken wire reconnected ??!!

Anyone else had a similar experience? How much longer am I likely to have to wait?

Seems I can't contact the NBN aerial team directly, and despite my requests Optus have not given me an ETA or the contact details of someone senior that I can escalate this to. 

Should I find a private contractor to come and reconnect the line and bill the cost back to Optus?

Appreciate any thoughts / suggestions. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Phone line physically disconnected

So we're about to rollover into our 4th week with the phone line still sitting on the floor. 

The silence from Optus is deafening… does anyone from Optus look at these forums?

So, the latest 'update' is that now the NBN need approval from the Council to go up the pole!

Are they serious!?! 

I might be mistaken but you'd think something like, oh I don't know, connecting telephone wires might be considered a key part of a telephone company's business. 

The service from Optus / NBNCo is beyond a joke…

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

So now 5 weeks and still not fixed!

Promised by Optus on 14th Sep that our line would be fixed today at the very latest… but of course no-one turned up to fix it. 

Why am I not surprised?

Sick and tired of lies and bullsh!t from both Optus and NBN. 

I guess Optus doesn't give a sh!t about their customers as no-one seems to making any effort to get this fixed.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @grimesy, sorry to hear about the experience you've had in this instance and for the delay in getting back to you. If you send through a private message we can investigate this for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Tano There is a private chat already on the @Optus twitter account that I can see you contributed to once… we're now into our 6th week with no home phone / internet. 

I'm not going to start yet another private chat - please respond to the latest twitter message

my case number is #17089562

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry about the confusion there, grimesy. It can be difficult for us to track discussions across social profiles, however we'll get back to that Twitter discussion as soon as we can.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos