cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

MNSpain
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Phone has no Dial tone. Internet not working

Hi, We have had problems with the line for about a month, it started with noise and slow internet and then just over a week ago it stopped working entirely. We called Optus and they were supposed to send a technician on 10th July but instead i got a message on 9th July saying that the problem should be fixed, as it wasn't fixed i replied fault. Since we thought, as the test showed everything should be fine on Optus's side, that the problem might be on our side we called a technician who came on July 11th. He checked the wiring of our house and said there is no problem on our side.

Since the fault is still open optus has called back twice and i've missed the call. I've contacted optus after missing the calls and they've said they will report it to the back end team who will call us back, but it seems you have a knack for calling when i can't get to the phone. Is there any other way we can organise another technician to come because there is a problem somewhere and we are sure it isn't on our side, and there was no evidence that a technician came the first time as someone was home the whole day on both the 9th and 10th and they didn't see anyone.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pwright
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Phone has no Dial tone. Internet not working

Are you on NBN or ADSL?

You will need to speak with the Technical Support Team, you can reach them on Live Chat at http://yesopt.us/chat2us

Does your Phone Plug into the Modem, or directly to the wall socket?

If it plugs into the Wall Socket, and you dont get a dial tone, you are going to need a Technician.  

If your on NBN, and plug your phone into your modem, if your Internet is not working, your VOIP Home Phone wont work either, you may have a Line Fault, or need a new modem etc.  Best thing to do is speak with Tech Support.

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @MNSpain - Disappointing to hear that this is still on-going. 

Have you been provided with a fault reference number? If so, can you please send that through? We'll look at the notes. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
MNSpain
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

We called Optus support and we were able to get an appointment for a technician to come hopefully the problem will be fixed.