Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Giuls83
New Contributor

Re: Permanently Turning off Call Waiting

BEEEP BEEPP BEEEP BEEEP

HOW FKING HARD IS IT TO TURN IT OFF FOR FAks SAKE !! I’m at the point where I am going to switch providers , it has been nothing but problems since signing up with Optus because the tech support does not understand English properly ! I asked him to deactivate call waiting and the fucn bloke deactivated CALL DIVERT , now my businesss is running off one  phone and he said it would take 48 hours to rectify . Fukn over this shtt !!! 

0 Kudos
Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

@Giuls83 Do an online complaint with the TIO and seek compensation. It only takes a few minutes to submit the complaint. 

0 Kudos
Contributor Purple
Contributor

What a suprise

Call waiting is back on . Dammmm

As discussed today, call waiting has been removed from the back-end system and you should have no further issues regarding this. (1st may)

Here we are less than 2 weeks later and its on again. 

so mad I dont know what to say

Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

@Purple

Mine's been turned off (and on) twice this week. 

Word from the Optus TIO liaison is that they now acknowledge it is a widespread problem and believe it to be connected to telephone equipment being incompatible with their system. Note this is a different explanation to the person who was told it's the NBN, so I suspect they're making it up as they go. 

However, with the increase in TIO complaints on this fault, it is now getting attention. 

Keep responding to their text messages with FAULT so they don't close your complaint. 

0 Kudos
Contributor Purple
Contributor

@Chopsie

wow, I have just spent 10 mins trying to get into this website.

I have sent a reply to the email  from optus and I have sent ANOTHER REPORT TO TIO.

I do have a SMS but I cant reply to it.

I get a message saying I'm inelegible to use this service???

so frustrating.

0 Kudos
Contributor Purple
Contributor

@Chopsie

Here is the  reply after many emails to OPTUS.

The system interface department has confirmed this is not an isolated issue but a network issue.

This is investigated by the networks department as it is affecting several users.

At this point in time there is no confirmed date on when this will be resolved.

I  have accepted the $$ compensation they have offered until the problem is finally resolved.

Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

@Purple

What? You've been offered compensation?! 

0 Kudos
Contributor Purple
Contributor

Yes I was offered the chance to get out of my contract and change  supplier. Have to say the Call Waiting is so annoying but

we have been with Optus forever and I really didnt want to change our email address.

We were ofered an up front amount and and a monthly reduction until the matter is  resolved. 

We are dealing with Karolina a "Customer Relations Executive | Customer Relations Group" after  my TIO complaint.

@Chopsie keep trying.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor barrymc
Occasional Contributor

I wonder if anyone has found an answer to this annoying problem? Two weeks ago I was successful in having it disabled but now it is back again. I wonder if that is because I reset my modem a few days ago?

0 Kudos
Contributor Purple
Contributor

wecome to our group!

No answeres to this problem. Check thru all our conversations. After I sent emails to the TIO actually got an  Optus person, after many tries, to help deal with the problem by offering me compensation. The call waiting does NOT go away.  They are trying to fix it but have no idea how long this will take.

good luck.