Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Contributor Purple
Contributor

Re: Permanently Turning off Call Waiting

Thanks for the link.

Next time and I'm sure there will be a next time I'm going straight to the TIO complaint people!

I went thru most of the forum related to this and it seems so rediculous.

At the momnet (ie in the last month) everything seems to be working ok. BUT the last 2 days the the Wifi is really slow or not working at all (also OPTUS).  I think the NBN is "fixing" something as have seen lots of their trucks around. 

Good luck Chopsie

Contributor Purple
Contributor

well here I am again. Rang Optus 2 days in a row. Each time was told 110% call waiting is definately turned off. Ha Ha

thanks chopsie have sent my complaint to the TIO.

Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

Okay guys, just so you know, calling someone who has messed with my landline functions since October 2016 an "idiot" is in breach of community guidelines....so don't call the incompetent, inept, unskilled, substandard, inferior, deficient, ineffectual, failure of a human being an "idiot", okay? Optus, a company filled with such individuals, has feelings. 😞

I know what word I should have used: begins with "f" and ends in "wit."

Thank you in advance for deleting my account.

0 Kudos
Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

@Purple, I reported the NBN issue to the TIO, too. It's gone on long enough at my place that I am no longer willing to accept Optus' excuses and failure to compensate for there being no service for significant periods of time.

Contributor Purple
Contributor

OK its seems optus people dont talk to each other. had several call in relation to my TIO complaint. One guy said I'll send you a text and please contact me directlyif the problem rearises. I am still waiting for the text!

So today some one else rings and I tell the whole story again.... here is the email reply

Thanks for the chance to talk about your Optus landline service with account number xxx 

It is disappointing to hear that we did not meeting your expectations regarding the call waiting removal.

As discussed today, call waiting has been removed from the back-end system and you should have no further issues regarding this.

If you have any concerns and questions regarding this matter please don’t hesitate to email or call me and I will look into this for you.

Lets wait and see!

Chopsie

how did you go? 

Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

@PurpleSomeone just put call waiting back on my line AGAIN today. Optus staff are truly incredible at their jobs. Tonight they called twice, both times allowing the phone to ring only once. Obviously I didn't make it to the phone on the first ring. Then they text. I have no doubt that these are offshore staff who couldn't give two hoots about Optus standards or customers, just like the moderators here who have disappeared.

I am looking into two providers who have no contracts, Australian-based call centres and comparable speed packages. When I've researched reviews on them I'll message you their details so you can jump ship too. We can get the same crap service elsewhere for less money, and maybe, just maybe, by going Australian-based, avoid the substandard service that is Optus.

New Contributor LuisaH
New Contributor

An update on my TIO complaint about the call waiting. Basically it is an NBN problem. A permanent fix is not possible. It needs to be repaired from the NBN end and seeing as tho the NBN is a government body, I don’t have any hope that it will be sorted soon. I have now put an ‘on hold’ service onto our phone line system at our business so customers know we aren’t ignoring their calls.  The NBN would have to be the biggest and most expensive  joke to ever be  played on the Australian public.

Tags (3)
Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

Thanks for the update, @LuisaH

That information begs a few questions:

1. Why does my neighbour, who's with Telstra NBN, not have the issue? 

2. If this is an NBN issue, why are Optus staff lying to us, both on this forum, via chat and phone, about solving the problem at the back-end?

3. Given (1) above, it seems like Optus is not being truthful somewhere along the line - either with the TIO or with customers. Or did the TIO report this IS affecting all providers (and folk like my Telstra neighbour are just lucky)?

What does the hold message cost? Is Optus waiving it? 

New Contributor LuisaH
New Contributor

I think it’s possibly just luck with your neighbour. The Optus TIO team told me that Telstra is having more luck getting rid of it. We were offered to break our contract and leave Optus without penalty if we wanted to try our luck with Telstra, but I felt a cold shiver run down my spine at the thought of having to deal with Telstra. So I said I’d stay. I was given $270ish  credit for the inconvenience.  

We had our call waiting tuned off so many times at the back end, but it always comes back like a bad penny. I think the staff at Optus are all not reading from the same script, so each person gives a different answer, which often  isn’t the right one. 

We we chose to install a product called MOH Player which was a one off cost of $272 through our phone install company to hook it up instead of using a similar service through Optus which we would have to pay ongoing costs for. I am just setting it up tonight so I’ll see how it goes over the next week in operation. Hopefully it will get rid of the beep beeping in the background because they’ll be automatically put on hold. 

0 Kudos
Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

So, call waiting appeared on the line again on Tuesday. I used chat to eventually get it turned off. The operator said it was showing up as switched ON.

Today, it's back again. I've had no NBN downtime with the modem since Tuesday, so that theory goes out the window.

Come on Optus, this is a known permanent fault which you are not acting to fix. Instead, your staff keep telling customers it is fixed when it certainly isn't. Lying to us about a fix is wasting everybody's time and energy.

0 Kudos