Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Permanently Turning off Call Waiting

Ugh, can we give it another shot? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Purple
Contributor

Hi  Dan

Dammm we are back to square one. Caller ID displays shows eveyone as Private number.

I dont have the energy to even test call waiting.

so tired of looking and spending so much time on this. Is that what Optus wants?

HELP PLEASE

0 Kudos
Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

Hi Dan,

Call waiting is back on my line again. Could you please turn it off, and leave my caller ID on?

Thanks.

Chopsie

0 Kudos
Contributor Purple
Contributor

After lots of waiting and finally getting thu to Optus my caller ID was  turned back on, Call Waiting was still  on AND everyone I called could not see my mumber as it showed PRIVATE NUMBER. Back to call Optus yet again and was told I had to say Caller ID from both ends!! this at least was fixed quickly. Again I asked that call waiting be turned off and I think it worked this time. But all so annoying and time wasting.

0 Kudos
Contributor Purple
Contributor

Hi  Dan

again,

still have call waiting beeeeping at me .

Rang optus and was assured it was off but guess what it beeped at me today again.

I am so over this. Surely someone can simply turn if off  ((without affecting Caller ID!!))

please 

0 Kudos
Contributor Purple
Contributor

Hi  again, 

I think that optus tech people need better training!

Call waiting was on again today so I rang again.

Nice man tried to fix it and we waited and tried again but still call waiting on. He tried so hard that in the end I had no phone connection for about 1/2 hour.

OK I call again. Young lady explains that she has been trained that  call waiting and caller  ID numbers cannot be seperated. But guess what when I insisted she managed to turn off call waiing and I still had call ID. 

I really hope it lasts

0 Kudos
Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

Purple, I just had to have mine turned off again. Caller ID screwed with, too. 

As this has been going on since 2016, I'm now up to several hours of wasted time, and services repeatedly messed up. 

Ask for compensation for lost time...the answer: "We do not offer compensation for experience."

Your wasted time through their utter incompetence is worth nothing. 

Change providers. I can get crap service elsewhere for lower fees. 

Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

Okay, so you turned call waiting (and my caller ID) off on 31 March. It's 17 April and it's NOW BACK ON THE PHONE LINE.

WHAT PART OF FIX THIS DON'T YOU IDIOTS UNDERSTAND???

Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

Another refusal to compensate me for the hours of lost time spent on this since 2016. Guys, complain to the TIO and then maybe Optus will do something to actually correct the problem instead of fobbing us off. 

Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

On the phone with them because the PM folk on here won't act to turn it off now. "Your expected wait time is 60 minutes."

It took five minutes to do the TIO complaint and I encourage everyone here with the problem to do so, so maybe Optus will take this recurrent issue seriously and act to ascertain the cause and fix it. Here's the link to the TIO complaint form:

https://www.tioonline.com.au/consumers/new/SubmitComplaintOnline.aspx