Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

Re: Permanently Turning off Call Waiting

This has happened with two of my earlier attempts to turn off call waiting. I didn't expect it to happen when Dan intervened. 

Now 30 minutes on hold...awesome. Just looking back at when I started this thread, how many times I've had to deal with this, time wasted which apparently has no value in Optus' view with no offer ever to waive charge. I would get out now but I suspect the competition is just as sh*thouse.

0 Kudos
Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

There's 50 minutes of my life I'll never get back. "No, calling number display is already activated, blah blah."

I love it when I am charged for services that are switched off but don't show up as such on my account. 

Everything is still showing up as "private." Calling number display IS switched off. 

Thanks Optus.

0 Kudos
New Contributor JDKD
New Contributor

Attention Dan C

You seemed to have been able to fix this problem for others. I am hoping you can do the same for me

John

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Sure thing @JDKD, I'm happy to help out 🙂

If you could send us a PM with your account details, that'd be great → http://yesopt.us/pmdan.

I'll need your full name, DOB and account number. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor LuisaH
New Contributor

I’ve had this problem at my business premises since getting the NBN two years ago. I ended up lodging a complaint with the ombudsman because I was on the phone for hours only for the problem to return shortly after. I’m currently following up with the Optus TIO centre as the problem continually returns. Sometimes after one week, other times after many months. Once a service technician told me that this is a common problem with NBN boxes and Optus has no idea why it’s happen let alone how to fix it. So frustrating! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've been able help others out with this exact same issue @LuisaH.

You're welcome to send us a private message with your account details. I need your full name, DOB and landline number.

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Purple
Contributor

Hi  here I am again.

Call waiting on again and call ID is off. I dont like Private Callers and that is every call now.

why does this reoccur??

HELP please!!!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Purple, I've reconfigured the service. 

Can I get you to give it a test? The changes should reflect on your end within fifteen minutes -half an hour. 

Contributor Purple
Contributor

THANK YOU  so much. Caller ID back on.

0 Kudos
Contributor Purple
Contributor

Hi  Dan

OH dear..... yes caller ID working but call waiting is still on. HELP please turn it off.

0 Kudos