cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

Re: Permanently Turning off Call Waiting - if you have any connection at all!

Teza,

It may be okay. After the last switch on of call waiting I whinged about, Dan found that there was a problem at the back end and rectified it. I've switched off the NBN box and modem since then to test, and that did not trigger a return of call waiting. I believe Dan also fixed something at the back end a few days ago for you, so fingers crossed no return of call waiting for you either. It may be the NBN issue only (!) this time. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Teza
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

I’ve been using ipad or iphone n its  been hard on my eyes to find n keep up with where my posts are. I only found this reply today Sunday, theres other areas near me with same issue Smithfield, Fairfield Hts, Fairfield West n East n central business atea, according to the network status results. A few mobile towers outages as well but that seems to be sprinkled all over the place. Thanks for info, if its NBN then could be more areas than around here n could take a while then. Thanks again for your reply.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan, thanks for info re LIVE OUTAGE. There are other Sydney suburbs with same issue.  Greystanes, Blacktown, Prospect all west of Fairfield. Within Fairfield city several suburbs are affected Fairfield Hts, Fairfield West, Fairfield East and Smithfield. Some streets afftected are in the main CBD of Fairfield. It is not an easy search process to locate where services are affected but i know this is an NBN problem and that Telstra and TPG are also affected by NBN outages.

I did get a call from OPTUS re outage, as had lodged a report via phone auto fill. Plus via online chat. Have been reading messages left on other forums eg aussie outages and internetoutages, NBN outages all over the country but impossible to tell how many affected by this. Again, i know this is not OPTUS specific problem only, but it really leaves me wondering how vulnerable we are with home phones and internet being connected. One post had a nursing home at Artarmon without any phones (not sure who was with). We can backup for power outage for few hours, but are totally helpless if NBN goes down.

This is day 4. In middle of Sydney with no land line n no internet. happy new year? Nup.

0 Kudos
Contributor Purple
Contributor

Re: Permanently Turning off Call Waiting

well here I am again. Just had a call waiting come thru beep beep beep beep . Had hope it was fixed. 

My next question is if i have this how do i answer???? I dont have a "recall" button on my phone so what am i supposed to do, at least in the mean time!! I really dont want call waiting and cant see why its so difficult to remove. Dont you have tech experts!!

HELP

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Teza, I'm sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner. I've been on leave since the 31/12/17. I've had a scroll through incident -INC000006939028 and the fault has been closed with description code: NBN Network Hardware Replaced. Has call waiting reared its head again or are we okay?

@Purple, I've replied back to your PM. I've made the change for you. I think we should be okay now. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your efforts, I appreciate it especially because it's holiday season.

Pssst! i won't say it loud so am whispering ... yesssss call waiting seems to be OFF on my home phone, tested today and all seems aok.

Have to admit though, with NBN off-line for just over 4 full days it was a bit of a shock to the system.

Am used to occassional outages and resets, from blackouts, n a recent brown out, also when storms pass overhead.

But having no phone or internet was reeeeally challenging. 

Have reasonably good service with Optus mobile, but need to go outside as reception inside house is not great.

I realise now that when the NBN goes down, it can affect other ISP's not just Optus.

Telstra and TPG customers were also having outages over Christmas and New Year in many areas/states.

Will be interesting to see how this year goes, am hoping things will just keep getting better!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Teza, it's really no problem at all 🙂 I guess that's one of the difficulties of all ISP's going through the single wholesaler, we're all reliant on NBNco and their contractors to go out and perform the necessary repairs to the Network. I do have to admit that four 4 days does seem like an awfully long time to be without service, especially at such a stressful time of year.

Nevertheless, I'm glad to hear that the call waiting is issue is now behind us (fingers crossed, I should say).

If anything else comes up in the future, you know exactly where to find me 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Contributor Purple
Contributor

hello I'm back with call waiting beeeeping at me again. this is beyond rediculous. 

Please I dont want it... I hate it... I dont need to be disturbed in the middle of the call I'm making. HELP.

some one PLEASE turn it off.

0 Kudos
Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

Hi Dan,

When you turned off my call waiting at the back end you also turned off my calling number display - I've just realised everyone has been "private" because it's switched off  .

Can you turn it back on. 

Contributor Purple
Contributor

Hi  

YES I had the same problem.

I was asking for caller ID and spent alot of time till finally a tch guy said its "caller display number" he fixed it pretty quickly but then call waiting came on again. Its all fixed now HOPEFULLY.

0 Kudos