cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Teza
Occasional Contributor

Re: Permanently Turning off Call Waiting

And yes Dan_C if you find out anything from the Networks please let me know.

I can't see how this part of a service could or should be affected by any outages or resets?

The deactivation of call waiting permanently is controlled at the service supply end within Optus, and not on my modem as far as I can tell.

It's just not like Optus to be like this, they have always been a very good service provider.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, would you like to send us a PM with both of your account details? It's odd that you're both experiencing an almost identical issue. I can send your details straight through to the team and have them have a good look through the back end of your account. I'm also interested to take a quick look myself.

I just want to see if there's a record of the services having been reset. Call Waiting is automatically added by default to newly connected services . I have a feeling that it'll still show as being removed on the backend however the front end that handles the billing portion of the product might still show the feature as having been removed. Look forward to hearing back. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Contributor Purple
Contributor

I am so mad. I hate being disturbed by call waiting. I have spent HOURS trying to call optus.  The automated sysem is a joke. You cant even get back to the main menu. It just hangs up  when you dont put your mobile number in. If I get thru i am assured it has been turned off. I might be true but a week or two later its beeping at me again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Purple, I'm more than happy to help out.

I've had a quick look at @Teza’s account and it looks like the change hadn't actually flown through from our front end billing system to our back end servicing/order system. If an agent from our front line team has a scroll through the active billable products on the account; to them it may seem as if the feature has been indeed been removed.

Are you able to send us a private message with your account details? We need your full name, DOB and landline number. We'll double check this one for you.

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

Many many thanks for your help with this issue - checked today and call waiting is now turned off on my home phone.

Yaay!

I'll re-test now and then to see if anything changes and be sure to let you know.

All the best to you and the Optus Team for the New Year.

As this is my first time using the Crowd Forum to trouble shoot a long standing and frustrating issue, I'd love to give a few more Kudos ticks but only one at a time is allowed.

So, TICK! TICK! TICK!

Teza.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Haha! I really appreciate the update and kind words! That's really great to hear @Teza!

I had a feeling that we'd be able to sort this one out for you. I'm sorry that it's taken up until now to get this one resolved.

If anything else comes up in the future, feel free to give us a shout!

0 Kudos
Contributor Chopsie
Contributor

Don't hold your breath. 

Today I got an email from someone telling me my phone line wasn't working. I look at the phones - no "check line" alert like there normally would be. Try to make a call - no dial tone. Reset modem for the umpteenth time and now bloody call waiting is back on it AGAIN.

So, it's either the NBN or Optus modem causing my phone line to completely drop out periodically, and when that happens BACK COMES the damn call waiting. 

Call the call centre. Get told it's already switched off. Have to tell the person to switch it on, then switch it off. Encounter the usual resistance. 

And around and around we go. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Hey Chopsie, can see Dan has replied to your PM. He's a legend and will take care of it from here. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Re: Permanently Turning off Call Waiting - if you have any connection at all!

Hi Chopsie, Well wouldn't you know. Last night at about 11.30pm, Optus NBN internet and landline phone goes down in my area in western Sydney and a few other suburbs close by. So that means I can't even make a call to test your theory. (Which I think is probably correct) It's 9.45pm following night and still not working which is really bad. Have logged two complaints and got msg back that someone will call in 1-2 days. Better be fixed way before that. Guess I'll know if call waiting resets ON again hahahaha. Sheesh! I had to use my mobile phone as a hotspot for my iPad to access crowd forum. Cheers for New Year! might be a Telstra customer for 2018. Teza
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Permanently Turning off Call Waiting - if you have any connection at all!

Oh, jees. Okay. There's obviously an issue here that needs to be addressed. In regards to the service issue,

NBN have advised of Incident - INC000006939028. There's roughly 30-40 customers attatched to this incident report. The issue doesn't look to be specific to Optus but rather the NBN Network as a whole. 

Update - Please be advised nbn field services have attended the site and advised us that the Civil works are required to restore the services. Next Update at Significant Status Change.