Waller
No-one around to acknowledge this?

Re: Peak time speeds.

Waller

Waller

Waller

Anyone recognise this as a similar symptom?

Request timed out.
Reply from 203.13.127.32: bytes=32 time=33ms TTL=249
Reply from 203.13.127.32: bytes=32 time=45ms TTL=249
Reply from 203.13.127.32: bytes=32 time=27ms TTL=249
Reply from 203.13.127.32: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=249
Reply from 203.13.127.32: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=249
Reply from 203.13.127.32: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=249
Reply from 203.13.127.32: bytes=32 time=44ms TTL=249
Request timed out.

[ Edited ]
Mtat

Add another with exceptionally poor internet speeds during peak times and only marginally better during offpeak.

In Westleigh, NSW...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2783282745.png

Oh, and I've been measuring this over the past week where it's been even worse than usual, speeds inside Australia (like using Optus' own speed test) return perfectly acceptable speeds (usually 15-20Mbps) but international speedtests return 1 megabit/sec if I'm lucky, and even downloading the 15mb Adobe Flash update took several minutes and was painful to watch.

petros

Yes! For the first time I've used a server in the USA and got similar results to you tonight. http://www.speedtest.net/result/2783376358.png

From Hornsby NSW.

Not sure how a service like iView gets affected, but buffering has lately made streaming unwatchable.

Highlighted

ronrjt
simila problems here.. i hve been complaing for months about it. Ryan was looking in to it but has failed to contact me back. so in the mean time i now jsut call up and ask for discounts for each billing cycle and will continue to do so untill its fixed. i now use my telstra 4G service more than my cable in peek times simply coz IT WORKS! and i get speeds like this.... http://www.speedtest.net/android/489616775.png maybe optus chould change the "OPTUS YES" saying to "Optus FAIL!"
Posted from Facebook

Tom

Hi Waller, I can see that the tech attended last night after you had raised the issue with our faults team. How is the service going at the moment for you?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Tom

Hey Mtat, are you able to run a Traceroute to the international servers that you're experiencing a problem with so that we can try to pinpoint where the issue lies?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Tom

Hi petros, I've just responded to your other post.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
28 Kudos