Searching...
Highlighted

Peak hour speeds

Winnie_L

My Optus broadband has been very slow over the past couple of months...

I have been using this service for over a decade and have always noticed/tolerated the latency and download speed drops towards the Christmas period.

However, this year has been particularly bad. I have been unable to do my work because I can't even download the required files from the internet. 

I consistently get 2Mbps with 1 device connected after 6:30 PM. I am paying >$100 a month with a speed pack and have found the only times I can use the internet is when I'm suppose to be sleeping.  

I don't use my fetch TV because it streams in SD when I can just watch free to air TV. 

A technician has been to my premise a couple of months ago and no improvements have been quantified on my end.

I'm in the Blakehurst area and feel neglected as a customer.

I'm sure Optus has been able to resolve similar issues because previous forum posts have mainly ended with a positive solution.

Thanks

Re: Peak hour speeds

mrklun

Im in Beverly Hills/Kingsgrove area and experiencing the same thing. It's affecting a lot of St.George/Shire area customers on cable. I hope they sort it out soon. It's even worse when trying to upload something like a bunch of pictures to Facebook. What usually takes a couple of minutes during the day, takes about half an hour in the evening.  

Winnie_L

Thanks for contributing mrklun... Hopefully this post gets some traction. 

Today was even worse.. With two hard wired connections and two over wifi (phones).

171004.png

I don't understand how this is legal.

Shauna

Hey @ Winnie_L - Based on the info you have provided, it sounds like congestion during peak times, however i'd like to run through some troubleshooting and clarify a few things before making assumptions. 

What type of service do you use? Cable, NBN or DSL? 

Are you connecting via WiFi or Ethernet? If you connect via Ethernet, do you notice improvements? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Winnie_L

Hi Shauna, thanks for helping out.

To answer your question, I am currently using cable and connected via ethernet.

I have performed the typical trouble shooting step such as power cycling the modem after waiting 30 seconds (and one time 10 minutes) with no avail. A couple of months ago i tired resetting the TCP/IP with the technical support on the phone but that did not fix the issue either.

If you have any other more advanced troubleshooting tips I am more than happy to try it.

Today's ozspeedtest.

171005.png

Kind regards,

Winnie_l

Shauna

Alright cool. Thanks for clarifying Smiley Happy

Can you please send me a private message with your account details, full name and DOB so I can take a look?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Winnie_L

Update on a Friday night:

Currently trading emails with customer service to see what the issue is.

171006.png

Winnie_L

171008.png

171010.png

Winnie_L

171011.png

Aman_B

Hi @Winnie_L,  replied to your PM.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
28 Kudos