Searching...

Pay $30 recharge told I would receive 5GB only received 4GB How to recoup on the 1GB that I paid for

Peppercorn

Hi, I'm Peppercorn and have just signed up. 

My question to anyone who has the answer/advice. 

Two weeks ago I was at the Macquarie Centre OPTUS STORE. I paid $30 for what I was told I would receive 5GB in the newest deal from OPTUS. This morning, Friday 20 April 2018, I have just taken a photograph of the balance of my mobile braodband. I saw the balance remaining 1.2 GB of 4 GB.  So, I had not received the 5 GB that I paid for.  How do I now claim the 1 GB that I was meant to receive, having believed the two staff members at the Macquarie Centre OPTUS STORE.

Thanks, as I live quite a distance from Macquarie Centre to go back.  Can I go into any OPTUS outlet/STORE and tell them or do I have to contact Head Office in Singapore to let them know that their Australlian staff don't know their product?

Re: Pay $30 recharge told I would receive 5GB only received 4GB How to recoup on the 1GB that I paid

SamSam

The only way would be to contact optus. My preferred option is live chat which is available here - http://yesopt.us/chat2us

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Re: Pay $30 recharge told I would receive 5GB only received 4GB How to recoup on the 1GB that I paid

petergdownload

Hi I can't find any reference to a 5Gb for $30 plan online. Do you have any link or info about this plan.

Did you recieve any email or written confirmation from the store?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

SamSam

It almost caught me out to Peter but it's here under the mobile broadband tab. I was looking for a 4GB + 1GB bonus data type thing at first

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Peppercorn

Hey, Peter and to everyone who has supplied some advice. 

Firstly, Peter, I walked into the OPTUS SHOP at Macquarie Centre, so initially had no information about new deals and only needed to recharge as I was out of data. 

I enquired three or four times, that if I paid the $30 recharge would I be receiving 5 GB of data. The OPTUS staffer, then called over another OPTUS staffer, who assured me that I was to receive 5 GB of data if I recharged for $30. 

Also, I was not given any informaiton to take away so that I could refer to this at a later date. 

All the information available was in the OPTUS SHOP and a list of "new deals", that they both showed me.  Was I duped?

SamSam

Nope, you weren't duped Smiley Happy Refer to my first post and the link in my second, it's a current in market deal. Something has just gone wrong so you'll need to ask Optus to correct it

petergdownload

Well found @SamSam,

Is that some sort of lucky Chinese deal with all those 8s?

So far not so lucky for @Peppercorn. FWIW I don't think you were duped. Optus do sometimes have difficulty assigning data for special deals so that's possibly happened. Its also possible the data is actually there but not showing (so if you use up the 4Gb you will still be able to keep going until you hit 5Gb)

It does seem best though that you contact Optus directly as only they can fix the discrepancy.

Only other thought is you have recharged as the bonus requires. Perhaps on the next 2 charges you'll get 5.88Gb?

Regards

Peter Gillepsie

Peppercorn

Hey, Samsam and Peter.  Thanks for all of your advice, and yes, Peter I did find the OPTUS deal via the link that Samsam posted. 

Here is the website address. 

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/prepaid-mobile-broadband?SID=conSmiley Surprisedmb:subnavSmiley Tonguepmbb:home

Thanks again to all

Great work Samsam and thank you Peter for your help.  

10000000000GB

Pep, did you actually change plans. You get the bonus when you " Activations "

Peppercorn

Hi @10000000000GB.  No, I had not changed plans for my OPTUS MOBILE BROADBAND, although I had been asked many times to switch to a pre paid plan.  But I had been asked many times by OPTUS staff did I want to switch to an OPTUS prepaid plan.  That is most probably the reason for the 4 GB.  I gave the OPTUS SHOP staff my mobile broadband number and so that would have brought up my profile on their system.  Wouldn't they have been able to advise me then, whether I was eligible for the 5 GB. I wouldn't want to think it was just to make the sale. 

Have a great weekend all.  Thanks again for everyone's assistance.  It has really helped. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
72 Kudos
50 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos