Searching...
Highlighted

Pathetic internet speeds, Pathetic customer support.

mo_123456

So I've been with optus for over a decade now and I will say when I started out with them they were good. Now they just seem to care about selling their home broadband package to new customers without supporting the influx of said customers on their network. I pay for a 100Mbps speedpack only to now recieve a new average of 0.1 - 0.7 Mbps between the hours of 6pm and 12am, they seem to also have the audacity to claim that it's overly congested and they are performing upgrades at the node to eliminate the congestion... well thats what I was told 3 years ago and I am still hearing the same BS excuse today. I have been on hold now for 2 hours and 4 minutes to their tech support at the time of typing this yet to speak to a respresentative, their online Live Chat are useless as they are the ones who regergitated the BS of upgrades being performed and claimed they could not place a callback request. I am posting this here for everyone to see so in the hope it will trigger a response from OPTUS. I will also be posting this on all social media platforms. This is unacceptable and quite frankly I have had enough. 

Re: Pathetic internet speeds, Pathetic customer support.

MrSharpey84

It is digusting. I have been with Optus for years and havent had problems until about 3 months ago. Now the same as you the speeds from 7pm until 12am are terrible. At best i get around 4 mbps during these times. Same excuses. I have raised numerous help tickets and the tech man has came and went. Nothing wrong with my modem or anything. Its the amount of people being on during peak times.

Thinking i might just can the service all together. I bet ADSL speeds are better than what we are getting.  I am getting 20 off a month and they gave me a full refund for last month BUT it isnt good enough. I would prefer to pay full price and get the speed (up to 30 mbps) which the contract states. 

carbo

100% agree.  I have been on Cable now for 3.5 years and have endured this before.  They did tempoarily resolve the capacity issues but we once again find ourselves with a struggling service during the evening.  It is ridiculous that ISP get away with this BS over and over.  Spend the money and upgarde your network.

[ Edited ]
MrSharpey84

any options on what we should do? im seriously thinking of telling Optus to get *moderated* and go with another company 

[ Edited ]
mo_123456

I am unable to do anything since Optus owns the lines coming into my property and don't have provisioning for ADSL. My only choice is to go for a large data 4G option but will end up costing me 3 times the amount. It's beyond me how this isn't deamed false advertising and they haven't had a class action suit taken up against them. I for one would like to see the day ISPs get reamed for not supplying what is quoted. The second NBN is available at mine Optus won't see a dime from me again. 

petergdownload

Sounds dire. Unfortunately the Optus network is due to be junked soon, so I suspect that Optus are not spending much on upgrading its capability. Also the last year or two has seen a big increase in data usage (streaming?) and Optus unlimited plans etc. no doubt have seen a lot more data and customers using the HFC cable. 

Unfortunately until the NBN arrives there's not many options (I take it you can't get Telstra cable in your street?). 

With speeds such as you are reporting, Optus would be ok to end any contracts and let you go.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

mo_123456

Unfortunately not. The only options I have is to either pay to provision ADSL or go 4G, the latter being the preference due to maintaining good download/upload speed. ADSL would just send me back 10 years in speed as I've become accustomed to 100Mb cable due to having it since it's conception. It's just pathetic Optus won't do a damn thing about it and I understand that it's a dead end due to NBNs HFC but this issue has been building up for the last 3 years! All the while they've talked BS promises of upgrades. The only upgrades they have performed is reinforcing their wallets, taking peoples money without providing quality of service. And yeh im pretty salty. 

petergdownload

You should check out VIVID WIRELESS perhaps (Still Optus though)

They have an unlimited 4G option that may be what you need until the NBN arrives.

Seems astonishing though that you'd be in a position of needing to port off a "100Mbps cable" to a 12Mbps wireless solution.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Toomey

Hi guys, so sorry to see your frustration with congestion issues. Unfortunately there is no quick fix I can advise of, my team pass on all feedback in regards to these problems so thank you for reaching out.

While there is an on-going problem, and no ETR can be provided, you can discuss alternative options for your contract moving forward. This will need to be discussed with the Retention Team on 1300300427 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday – 8am to 7pm. Thursday, Friday – 8am to 8pm. Saturday – 9am to 6pm. Sunday – Closed.

Please reach out if you have any questions, or feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions about your specific account.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
50 Kudos
43 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos