Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor 1965
New Contributor

Re: Parental control DNS gateways

Hi

How do I activate Optus Internet Security to filter web content?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hey @1965 - it's not something we support unfortunately but there are quite a few options out there these days.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Piltun
New Contributor

You can't. If Optus allowed that, someone might ring up and ask why they can't access Facebook, having forgotten that the other parent blocked that site. That would cost Optus money. Therefore any sort of security that comes with a modem or router firmware is specifically disabled by Optus in order to save money at the expense of your children.
But hey, good news. Optus say you are welcome to buy your own modem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Cloe
New Contributor

I’ve read all the way down this thread and contacted Optus support whose advice was to turn the modem off ! 

My friend has parental control with Telstra for free so I assumed it was à standard offering for parents. Apparently not !!!

So basically if you have teenager kids and you want parental control you need to switch providers. 😞 super annoying but it’s that or have kids online at all hours of the night. 

https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/extras/broadbandprotect

Tags (1)
0 Kudos