Searching...
Accepted Solution

PS4 Can't connect to network!

scullyrick

Hey Guys!

Been through so many troubleshooting steps today and had no luck.

Out of nowhere yesterday my PS4 stopped being able to connect to my optus internet (through a LAN cable or WIFI through my Netgear Nighthawk R8000 Router). I've been through all PS4 and Netgear trouble shooting and tried every fix I could find and everyone results in saying it must be an issue with my ISP. I live in Sydney and have an Optus Cable internet connection.

I've tried setting up static IP addresses, different DNS servers, factory resetting both PS4 and Netgear, doing a full reset of my optus router and netgear one! Nothing works! The PS4 can obtain and IP address but nothing past that (i.e. connect to the internet).

I can connect the PS4 to the internet and the playstation network and play online by hotspotting from my phone (Telstra Mobile) and have no issues, so it's not an issue with it. 

There is a huge amount people posting with similar issues and some people suggest various solutions but none have worked for me yet.

Any advice or help would be hugely appreciated! 

Re: PS4 Can't connect to network!

nuugikt

I'm experiencing the exact same issue and no luck with any of the suggested fixes.

When will an Optus fix be implemented?

LesserGrouse

Having same issue. I tried your trick of using my mobile as a hotspot, then it worked. So it's got to be an optus issue.

Toomey

Hey guys, can you verify your post codes please? I'll check for any reported issues on my end.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

scullyrick

Hi! I'm in Croydon NSW - 2132

LesserGrouse

Hi,

I'm in Strathfield South -- 2136

Cheers

Solution

Toomey

Thanks guys, I can see there was an issue in the area which was resolved at 6pm AEDT. Can you please try restarting your modem and let me know how you go?

If the problem persists, it would be best to raise a fault ticket with Tech Support via Live Chat

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

nuugikt

Tested and it finally connected today. Looks like the 6PM fix did the job.

memetz

Hi I've had the same issue for the last 5 days, my postcode is 2217, Ramsgate. I can see friends online but when trying to connect to videogames online feature, it fails.

cheers

LesserGrouse

Works now, thanks!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
67 Kudos
48 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos