Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Cat247
New Contributor
New Contributor

PPPoE username and password

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a new modem router and need my PPPoE username and password. I read on another post that it was the username and password used to access the Sagemcom modem router that came when we signed up. Problem is I can't recall every having to log in to anything, other than Wi-Fi. I can't find any usernames when I look through settings etc. Can anyone tell me where to find it?

Thanks!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: PPPoE username and password

It's normally your email address and password that was arranged when you first signed up and should have specified in an introductory email or text. Have a word with support on the live chat below as they should be able to help you with that.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi

If you can  login to MyAccount that should be your email and password for your modem PPPoE.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Cat247
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the help guys, we've managed to get it working :). We can finally use our NAS again! 

Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Excellent Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Ningles
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is regarding using a kogan smart tv. I am already connected to WiFi.. the setup manual says connect pppoe , I use optus and entered correct details. Wont connect pppoe. Basically I am trying to set-up Prime
0 Kudos
Casey_YC

Hi there, @Ningles

Thanks for getting in touch.

We suggest taking a look at our IP addresses, email, tech settings & ports for Fixed & Mobile Broadband page - to ensure you have all the details you need for this. 

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Ningles
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks.. I think I have ruled out this avenue. Thanks for assisting
0 Kudos
Top Contributors