cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor bslc
Occasional Contributor

Outlook Mail Settings

I have an IMac running Mircosoft Outlook 2016.  I would like to add a Bigpond account using my Optus adsl server.  It was possible when I had Outlook 2011. 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: Outlook Mail Settings

Hey there,

Recon you'll be requiredto check to see if you're mail server is the new Telstra Mail, Outlook, mail.bigpond.com ect

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Sorry,

Don't udnerstand your response.  I have a IMac with Microsoft Outlook, using Optus as my internet provider andalso have a ....@.bigpond e-mail account that I would like to add to Mac Outlook.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Hey bslc - would recommend getting in touch with your email provider so they can provide you with the email settings. Not something we can provide as your'e not using an Optusnet username.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks,

Been on the Apple, Microsoft, Telstra and Optus Merry go round for a week now, coincidently ever since I downloaded Sierra and had to replace Outlook 2011 with Outlook for Mac 2016 . Optus is my service provider and I do have a Optus email address but for privacy purposes, I also have a @bigpond email address.

I notice on a Telstra chatline they published the Optus settings for Outlook, therefore I presumed that Optus may know what the settings are required for using Optus to receive and sent @bigpond emails via Mac Outlook.  I am receiving the emails OK but can't reply using the @bigpond address.  My @me and @gmail accounts are working fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

The thing is you can use any Internet, as you'd not be using our email servers, we don't have those details.  

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Occasional Contributor

OK, I know that there is a solution somewhere as I previously had the settings when using Outlook 2011.  Thanks for your assistance, I will keep trying to seek a solution elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

I'm just spiced you haven't been migrated to the new Telstra Mail as for one is IMAP (like Gmail and Me)

What you'll be looking for is adding/changing to a secure connection.

Hopefully the following link helps. Telstra-Bigpond email setup

As stated telstra/big pond are moving mail clients over to there new system and I'm surprised you've had no interaction.

emailupdate.telstra.com

moving-to-telstra-mailtm-and-how-it-effects-your-email

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Dave,

Thanks for your response. The links you provided just informed me that I will be migrated on 1 November.  I will continue my quest after that date.

Just goes to show that you should not suspect that all corporate type emails are spam and just delete them if you have been away and want to clean up your mail box in a hurry. 

Cheers

Wally

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

No worries Wally's,

At least you'll hopefully received some further information on the closing/migration date.. From there you'll be required to re apply setting to the new mail server.

Cheers Dave