cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Deepdag
New Contributor

Outage

hi guys,

We've Internet and telephone outage in our street since 1st March and till today Optus Tech team can't tell when it will be resolved. It's been 12 days now, who do we talk to? Who can organise a Tech to visit the street to have the fault resolved.

The Fault is in Westmead, NSW area.

Thanking you in advance

4 Replies
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Outage

Hey, thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear of the internet issues in your area. As I check for faults, I can see one has been raised for a broken cable nearby (fault reference 18245962).

A crew has already visited the site to remove the damaged cable for safety reasons, but a new one is yet to be installed. Notes advise that it needs to be installed higher to avoid any future issues and this is currently being organised.

To receive updates as this develops, please search your address on the "fixed outages" tab on our network status page. A "Live Outage" alert will show with the option to "Report your fault here". Follow this link to have your account listed as affected.

If you have any issues, jump into Live Chat and provide them with the above fault reference number so they can complete this for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Deepdag
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. That's the fault I was referring to. I do have the fault reference number as I spoke to your Tech team before posting in this forum. I was the one who informed Optus when the wire broke and it was dangling loose and could have been dangerous. After that they sent a crew to remove the dangling wire but this needs to be fixed.

Your tech team has no update about when this will be resolved. My phone and Internet has been down for 2 weeks now. I'm sure you can imagine, how inconvenient this is for the whole family, kids can't access school portal, we can't access work without internet. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Definitely get that the connection would be imperative Smiley Sad

Can you please PM me with your account number, full name and DOB? Happy to assess what your options would be in the interim.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Deepdag
New Contributor

Hi Alex,

I rang Optus again on Friday and was told that they are now speaking with Endeavour energy to help them fix the cable. There was no such information given to us in last 18 days. Overnight, I conactaced Endeavour energy to check if they could help us. Their customer service person rang me today to inform, work has been scheduled to fix the wire on 6th April as they were only contacted by Optus on 15th March after 2 weeks of wire breakdown.

Third party (Endeavour Energy) has given me information that the cable will be fixed on 6th April but so far nobody from Optus has informed us anything. Hats off to Endeavour as they replied to my email to them first thing in the morning and also called us to notify when they will fix this. So we will be without Internet and phone line for 37-38 days!!

I think the best option for us could be to change the supplier of our telephone and Internet :-(

0 Kudos