Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Our house has been re-numbered, Optus still hasn't amended our service address complaint

We have been with Optus for years. Our local council re-numbered our road. (didn't move house just a new house number) Contacted NBN as received no help from Optus. NBN said that our provider Optus needs to request an amendment to our service address. I have spent many hours on the phone and also messaging Optus. I keep getting transferred to another person and having to explain situation over and over again. Only to be put on hold again and again and sometimes Optus will just hang up or end the conversation with messaging. I was told last week it was sorted out only to find out it is not. I spent 4 hours messaging Optus yesterday. Also my optus my account no longer works I log in and then the dashboard page has none of my information on it again if I click on my details it has no information on it. I have explained this to Optus over and over again have spent many many hours of my time to not get anywhere no one is helping me. I have also been told I will receive call backs which never happen. Very very upset. Told I would receive a credit but can't log in to see if it has been applied to my account. Told last night that I would receive an email with a ticket number for issues with logging in. Never received the email last night Optus. Told yesterday that they will have to disconnect us and then reconnect due to new road number. Was not advised this last week either. And back in December when I first contacted Optus with my issues I was asked by an Optus employee for me password which is against the law.

3 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Complaint

I keep getting text messages from Optus telling me to activate our new relocation service. It is not a new service. We didn't move house just an amended Road number. We have been with Optus for years and are no longer in a contract. I did not request a re-contract. Why are you sending me these text messages Optus? And why are the text messages asking me to log into my account, WHICH FOR THE LAST WEEK I HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU THAT MY ACCOUNT DASHBOARD IS NOT LOADING WITH ANY OF MY INFORMATION. AND AFTER SPEAKING WITH ABOUT 20 DIFFERENT OPTUS EMPLOYEES (TRANSFERRED CONSTANTLY TO SOMEONE THAT CAN HELP, YEAH RIGHT THANKS FOR DOING NOTHING OPTUS. I WANT MY CREDIT THAT I WAS PROMISED AND WILL TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

The Optus employees that participate in the Yes Crowd have no access to accounts etc.
Renumbering of a Street by a local council is a rare event.
From a billing point of view you have changed address even though the physical location of the building has not changed.
Any mail sent to you will be going to a different street number. I would imagine a number of things have been updated because of the renumbering, land titles, mortgage documents, vehicle registration details, licence addresses, water authority plans, financial institution accounts and other utility suppliers.

You mention you spent a lot of time on phone, message etc. Have you spoken to a Supervisor or Manager in Billing? The other thing is it possible to go to an Optus Store?
I am not an Optus employee.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

hi not__happy,

I can see why you created that username.

As Tigers1719 has already mentioned I'm afraid we can't really assist with your particular issue here as we don't have access to or visibility of customer accounts on our public forum. I would not suggest visiting an Optus store for this situation.

Reading your experience it sounds like all your interaction with Optus has been via the phone? If that's the case I would say it's time to abandon that and put it in writing:

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.

If not, please Message Us here or from your My Optus app under the Help menu (hopefully you still have access to that?). 

Let us know how you go. 

If still not resolved after contacting them, there is a link on the bottom left hand corner of this page to lodge a complaint online.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos