Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor MHSwanson
Occasional Contributor

Orphaned Hosting Email Accounts

Hi Support,

We previously had hosting many years ago with optus/web central using the name swanson.com.au. We have since moved hosting. Now if anyone uses the Optus SMTP server to send email to our domain the email is still delivered to the old OptusZoo mailbox - they will not come to our server. We have tried many times to have this resolved. The hosting account has been closed for years but all our email logins still work.

If someone sends an email to an address that was not set up on the Optus hosting it is simply blackholed with no feedback.

I can provide all usernames and passwords for testing. This domain (swanson.com.au) simply needs to be removed from your servers internal lists and the dns/mx set to lookup externally.

I look forward to your response.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Re: Orphaned Hosting Email Accounts

Hey MHSwanson, just to clarify, have you been in contact with Tech Support to see what they can do about the issue? It sounds like an IT case needs to be raised

Cheers,

Jordan

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor MHSwanson
Occasional Contributor

Can't get onto anyone useful at support. Live chat can't help, Phone support requires an active account.

This problem is from many years ago now and I'm not even sure Optus provides these hosting services anymore.

I have found another user with the same problem - https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Setup/Old-Domain-Mailboxes/td-p/212935

It seems like flagging it is the only way forward. If someone could do that I would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey @MHSwanson, sorry to hear that you've had this kind of trouble 😞 

Can you please leave it with me? I'll see what I can do in terms of locating a contact for you, as I know it's not something we utilise frequently these days. 

I'll send you another message here as soon as I have an update. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos