Searching...

Oputs Cable - Arncliffe, Congestion?

fatmario

Hi All,

I've been noticing some drops in upload and download speeds consistently happening from around 5pm till 1am.

Is anybody expiriencing congestion issues in ARNCLIFFE area?

I've been collecting statistical data for a while now

ping latency, download and upload speed collected every hour from the 25th of Sept => http://pastebin.com/raw/yfyTbRXj

I've created a small php poller I'm running the tests from a RPi3 it is reasonably accurate about speeds up to 90Mbit, I've a 30Mbit connection and results match tests ran from my laptop.

Does anybody expirience same issues? Any suggestion? If it is congestion, and seems likely, I doubt can be fixed any soon. 

Re: Oputs Cable - Arncliffe, Congestion?

Marie

Hey fatmario, have you discussed your speed concerns with our 24/7 Tech team?

If so have they advised you of peak time slows?

You're welcome to PM me your details (username/ service number/ account number & billing address) as well as your full name and date of birth and I can take a look into this for you.

Cheers.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Marie

You're most welcome fatmario Smiley Happy 

We don't provide our employee emails out to the general public.

You're welcome to take my employee number which is 1052027.

I can understand your hesitation however I can assure you I am an employee. 

If you prefer you can contact our 24/7 Tech Team on 131344 or via Live Chat.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Marie

You're most welcome Valerio Smiley Happy 

I've had a look and can certainly see that you are affected by peak time slows.

Our Networks teams are completing upgrades to our network at the moment however I can't see a time frame for when your node is due to be upgraded. If you like I can register your mobile number to receive an SMS when we have more information.

You can also speak with our Customer Care team on 1300 555 241 to discuss your account moving forward. 

fatmario

Can you give me more information about this "peak time slow"? 

There is any website where I can read about the upcoming network upgrades?

There is a minium guaranteed speed? if not, do Optus guarantee speed to business customers in this "peak time slow" ? 

Cheers,

Sam_D

Hey @fatmario! While there's no reading material on the upcoming upgrades I've registered you to receive updates as they become available Smiley Happy Check out this link for information on peak time slows and tips on how you can make the most of the bandwidth available. Unfortunately we're unable to guarantee minimum speeds as there's so many factors that can contribute to the health of your line. In an ideal world we wouldn't want anyone to be affected by peak time slows, though in the event that this does affect an area we're unable to shape the bandwidth that's available to one service over another as this has adverse affects on others in the area. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
75 Kudos
52 Kudos
42 Kudos
29 Kudos