I have been using my optusnet webmail through Outlook 2013 for many years, about 3 weeks ago I found I was receiving emails but couldn't send any. I have now deleted the account and tried multiple times to set it up again including using the advanced options in Outlook. It will log onto the server but cant send emails.
I have tried both POP3 and IMAP as well as secured and non-secured connections.
Can you help, the original connection used TLS and something else as encryption I think.
Thank you Wayne Hooper
Thanks for raising this with us.
Firstly I would suggest taking a look at our Support Page on how to set up your Optusnet email account via Outlook.
I've also found a YesCrowd post which may be a solution to the issues you're having.
I have followed all the Optus guidelines for setting up webmail with Outlook. I have had it working for 10 plus years and it only started playing up in the last month.
I can log in to my Optus webmail account through Optus so my password is good and I can send and receive emails through Optus webmail, although it does say it is using a secure connection. I have 5 other accounts, Gmail and Hotmail etc still working fine with Outlook. My Optus email is receiving emails on my phone with Outlook, but not sending them.
I suspect I need some form of encryption on my inbox and outbox. Should I tick "require login using SPA"? Should I use encrypted logins on the incoming and out going servers and if so what, SSL, TLS or Auto?
I have even resorted to using my Optus modem to see if the WiFi I am using was the problem but that made no difference.
Hope someone can help with more than the simplistic basics.
I have been through all the variations of setups and I did previously have it working for over 10 years. A few variations, most Optus support pages say the outgoing server is mail.optusnet.com.au, but a few say it is smtp.optusnet.com.au .
I have delete and re-installed Microsoft Office but the result is still the same on testing.
It logs onto the incoming server, but can't connect to the outgoing server.
A point I would make to anyone using McAfee, turn off the spam checker as it was interfering with my other email accounts, I suspect a recent update as it has only occurred in the last few days.
So in conclusion I am still lost and can only receive Optusnet emails in Outlook and not send them.