cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: email delay

Yep, still suffering same problem too. They are telling you time zone difference now???? such rubbish! I had some late emails just this morning from clients in my home state of Victoria AND from a client in NSW (same time zone!) but also had some of their emails come through on time. 

Now I have a trusted long time client suddenly having all their emails to me blocked as spam at my webmail interface and optus live chat people keep telling me it the client's problem, not optus. All i want is for the email address to be marked as a trusted address so it gets through the filter, but optus keeps ignoring that request

We've had a gutful of the problems and as soon as our NBN is hooked up, we are leaving optus, even though changing email address will be a massive pain in the butt. But we simply can't operate a business like this any more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I’m having the same problem. Some emails are getting through fine and others are delayed....some are delayed days not just hours. This is beginning to cause kinds of issues for me through work and uni.

Hopefully this issue will be fixed soon! 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is happening to me too...and has been for a few months now. Never used to happen and is giving me the irrits big time.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, still happening for me too. Been several months now. It is deeply frustrating

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Reading this thread, @Pollie lodged a complaint which is/was being handled with our highest area level of complaints.

Perhaps she can provide an update on the issue?

This is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum. 

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. 

If not, please chat with us.
If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.
Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello Everyone! 

Same issues here. Mutiple emails delays of anhythning up to 3-4 hours at the moment. Totally sporadic and happening on several of my email addresses on the same account. Happening for a few months as well. Some days better than others.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, i still have the same problem too... random emails from various australian addresses, sometimes arrive on time and sometimes delayed (as little as 20 minutes and as late as 6-8 hours). I've been unable to run my business in a professional manner, as this has been going on for months... so just last week bought myself a domain name and a new email address and have been gradually moving all my clients to that. It's been the only way i could see to solve the problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

We have been having the same problems periodically for the past couple of years and have logged tickets a number of times, all with no result. As a network engineer who used to work for Optus I still can't get a straight answer. I understand that sometimes mail servers can get 'clogged' however it happens far too frequently and when trying to rn a business is not acceptable. Even if Optus support could offer an explanation instead of trying to get me to reboot my PC everytime it would go a long way to increasing my confidence in Optus.

I fear Optus will lose customers over this, us included 😞

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I’m having the same issue. I received an email this morning that was sent on Wednesday. Has anyone heard about any updates?

Thanks.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

As one who has worked as an IT Professional for nearly 50 years and worked in Email Support for more than 20 years I suspect that this is NOT A USER PROBLEM but OPTUS NOT PROVIDING THE SERVICE we all pay for. For the last month or two I've noticed that mail is very late, not only arriving in my Outlook Inbox, but also it can be from 4 to 10 hours late arriving in the WebMail Inbox. If it's late to arrive in the Inbox of WebMail then the User cannot be accused that the fault is with their PC or Network. It is OPTUS! I've run Optus Cable for years and cannot fault it - but the Email system is appalling. Please OPTUS, get this problem fixed and you'll have many more happy Customers.