Searching...

Re: email delay

[ Edited ]
AnnC

I'm also experiencing this very same issue in regard to email delay.  I thought it was my local email client on my computer causing the problem, but it's not.  I log into the Optus Webmail, and the mails haven't been delivery there either, after refreshing, etc.

Emails coming from multiple sources, not just one.  It's incredibly annoying when you are trying to register for an account elsewhere and you have to wait for the verification email to come in 1-2 hours later.

How is that wait time acceptable Optus?  Why aren't you monitoring feedback like this and investigating the issue.  I don't know any other internet provider who incoming mail servers take this long to deliver the email into my Optus mailbox. 

I also have a Gmail account, no problems there.  I receive emails immediately, from similar sources.  Optus, your service gets worse and worse every year I stick with you.  

kerrivee

Yes i have had to direct my clients to my gmail address to get around the problem. Saying 'could you please remember to CC my gmail' feels so unprofessional and i know it has been frustrating for them and reflects badly on me as a contractor. I too am puzzled why Optus has not acknowledged this issue or managed to fix it, given it's been going on for months!

AnnC

Optus support continue to try and blame it on my email client.  Like I'm talking to a brick wall.  No understanding of POP (Incoming) and SMTP (Outgoing) email and the different rules and transport methods each one has.  Just because sending email from Optus webmail works no problem, doesn't mean they don't have a problem with Incoming emails (POP) and the way the mail server is processing these emails from external sources.  I would be nice to have support people who have a more technical understanding of mail servers and how they work.

VB100

Still experiencing same problem....has anyone in the forum received an explanation or fix?

kerrivee

Not that i am aware of. Smiley Sad

The irony is that the optus notification email that your post had been added to this thread ARRIVED 4 HOURS LATE!

Re: Optusnet incoming email delay

Fetta

Im another experiencing delayed emails and this post answered my query...im not alone!

Ive noticed this more the last 2 months but i can see this has been an ongoing issue for over 6mths.

Just got an email 2 hours after its postmark and once got an email 8-9hrs after it was sent!! And i get my emails on my phone, tablet and laptop....so i know its not an issue caused by me!

Ive also noticed how my internet drops out, esp since NBN has been available for 6mths.

Ive been a 20yr customer of optus and never had any issues with optus until this year!

My parents have iiNet and no dropouts or anything...i may have to consider them if optus doesnt lift their game!

Trekky1

I've been having this problem on and off for the last few months. This past week, it's multiple emails from The Lott (aka Tatts Lotto). This evening, I purchased 11 assorted entries for Powerball, Oz Lotto etc and so far only received 3 emails. I am so ready to give Optus email the flick....

VB100

I'm done! Have moved our email to Google Apps, will give it a few weeks to make sure I've notified everyone of new email address. The google emails are almost instantaneous. I can't believe we put up with this shonky service for so long, trying to run our business.

Highlighted

kerrivee

Yep, we did the same recently. Moved the business emails elsewhere and just keeping optusnet until i eventually move all the private stuff over too. Just couldn't operate on a professional level with those awful delays.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
50 Kudos
43 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos