Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optusnet email address

Can i keep my optusnet email address if i cancel my dsl internet account?

I have to cancel due to optus inability to get my speed over 1Mbps.They have gone around in circles for 6 weeks.

I hope to run cabling for cable broadband and reconnect to optus but this wont be for a few months

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optusnet email address

Optus will retain your email address for nine months after you leave. So if you resign with them then you should be able to get it back.

FWIW you should look to get a ISP neutral email adderss (outlook or gmail etc.) Because as you've found it ties you to just one ISP forever (which is why all Telcos generally provide free email accounts) 

Migrating is not hard. Set up a free gmail account. Set it to also get email sent to your Optus email. Start telling people to use your new address. You should get less and less emails coming via optus until you can just use gmail only.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Optusnet email address

Just to clarify, email addresses are only active for 90 days after the service is cancelled. You can keep this active by purchasing a mobile broadband plan, but there would be a monthly cost.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos