Searching...
Accepted Solution

Optus 'yes' Fusion $85 Plan Unexpectedly Reset from Unlimited to 120Gb/month

aka42

I have a long standing Optus 'yes' Fusion $85 broadband cable and home phone plan. It was originally 120Gb/month data allowance but some time ago it was made unlimited, with the notification coming to me via a letter in the post that Optus had made this change to the plan for free (same as this discussion thread on Whirlpool back in 2015 - https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2421999).

Well, today I unexpectedly received two emails at the same time - one stating I had exceeded 85% of my 120Gb monthly allowance and the other stating I had exceeded 100%, and my service is now speed limited until the end of the month. Naturally, I was unimpressed.

I contacted Optus online chat but they were not particularly helpful - all they can see is that I am on a 120Gb/month plan. So I am going to have to try to speak to a service rep directly tomorrow to see if this can be sorted out.

Has this issue occurred for anyone else still on the old Optus 'yes' Fusion $85 plan?

Re: Optus 'yes' Fusion $85 Plan Unexpectedly Reset from Unlimited to 120Gb/month

aka42

I've found the CIS for the $85 plan at http://smb.optus.com.au/opfiles/Shop/All/cis/Cis%20Documents/1390018_CIS_$85_Phone_&_Broadband_Bundl...

It states "120GB Data Allowance – From 7 May 2017 monthly data allowance will be unlimited"

Although, in my case, I am pretty sure it was upgraded to unlimited earlier than that.

I had another chat session with Optus' online support and I have managed to get them to remove the speed limiting but getting my plan reinstated to unlimited data is proving more difficult.

Re: Optus 'yes' Fusion $85 Plan Unexpectedly Reset from Unlimited to 120Gb/month

aka42

ok - I now have a ticket open with Optus IT to hopefully get my unlimited data reinstated.
I would still be interested in knowing if anyone else has encountered this issue as well.

Solution

aka42

Ajay in the home cable tech support team helped me out. It turns out Optus migrated accounts from an old system to a new system but in the process the unlimited data allowance reverted to the original 120gb. They have reset my usage to remove the throttling but they still need to reinstate the unlimited data allowance.

Nox11y

I am going through the same issue, not happy!! im sure its a ploy to get everyone off these old great plans

Im on hold ill let you know how I go

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
62 Kudos
41 Kudos
32 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos