Searching...

Optus unable to maintain privacy obligations when two customers have the same name?

Mike_T

Unbeleivable as it may sound, it appears that Optus are unable to deal with the scenario in which another customer exists with the same first and last name as me!! As a consequence, and after six months of painfully repetative attempts to resolve this, I now continue to receive the fully itemised bill and overdue payment reminders for another Mikes' accounts. I have no way of knowing if the other Mike also receives my personal information in a simimlar manner. 

I'm thinking that if I more publicly raise this concern, which to me smacks of a major breach of privacy, then maybe there is more hope that something meaningful will get done. This week, Yes Crowd, maybe next week Twitter. Who knows....

Re: Optus unable to maintain privacy obligations when two customers have the same name?

Marie

Hey @Mike_T,

Thanks so much for bringing this to out attention, it's certainly something we take seriously.

Could you please PM me with further details on this and I'll follow this up to get this resolved for you both.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Optus unable to maintain privacy obligations when two customers have the same name?

Mike_T

A month on and nothing.......

Oh - I received the other accountholder's bill again today. Would you like me to delete it or post it on Facebook? Or are you largely indifferent?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
75 Kudos
52 Kudos
42 Kudos
29 Kudos