cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus stuff up

I have 4 mobiles with Optus. I was thinking to connect to the internet with Optus but I wont now because of the following: 

I receive a bill via snail mail with an internet service account number but not mine, then a few days later I received a bill in my email with another (different) internet account number and $300+ bill also not mine.

I then go to my Optus account online to view my 4 mobiles and noticed this account with a huge $300 bill had been attached to my mobiles account and I can see all this person's personal details, address etc!!!

2 different internet accounts attached to my name but not mine as I have no other services with Optus except my mobiles x4!! It's been 2 months, lots of stress and Optus admits they stuffed up my account but they still haven't fixed it. I've been in touch with the ombudsman yet Optus still has not unattached these accounts to my name, they said the new billing System has stuffed up my account yadda yadda.....it takes a second for them to stuff up my account, yet months to fix it that makes no sense to me. A lady Rebecca who is working on my account I've not heard from for 3 weeks now despite my attempt to ring and email her numerous times. Agents on chat have no clue how to handle my queries so they are useless for me right now with the mess Optus created.  

Two internet accounts, with 2 people who have the same name as me, but different addresses, different suburbs (by the way suburbs/address's I've never lived at) and different birth dates yet some idiot at Optus attached them to my name and my account......meanwhile this persons bill for her internet service that shes using is way overdue but she doesnt know it because I have her bill and her account :0 !!! that's why I refuse to get any other services with Optus until Optus can fix the problem they created and maybe when my phones are paid off I will move to another provider....this better not affect my good credit rating and I better not have debt collection agency knocking on my door for a stuff up Optus created or I'm going to have to go to court over this!! So much stress and sleepless nights....months and still ongoing....that's alot of compensation 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus stuff my account up

I have 4 mobiles with Optus. I was thinking to connect to the internet with Optus but I wont now because of the following: 

I receive a bill via snail mail with an internet service account number but not mine, then a few days later I received a bill in my email with another (different) internet account number and $300+ bill also not mine.

I then go to my Optus account online to view my 4 mobiles and noticed this account with a huge $300 bill had been attached to my mobiles account and I can see all this person's personal details, address etc!!!

2 different internet accounts attached to my name but not mine as I have no other services with Optus except my mobiles x4!! It's been 2 months, lots of stress and Optus admits they stuffed up my account but they still haven't fixed it. I've been in touch with the ombudsman yet Optus still has not unattached these accounts to my name, they said the new billing System has stuffed up my account yadda yadda.....it takes a second for them to stuff up my account, yet months to fix it that makes no sense to me. A lady Rebecca who is working on my account I've not heard from for 3 weeks now despite my attempt to ring and email her numerous times. Agents on chat have no clue how to handle my queries so they are useless for me right now with the mess Optus created.  

Two internet accounts, with 2 people who have the same name as me, but different addresses, different suburbs (by the way suburbs/address's I've never lived at) and different birth dates yet some idiot at Optus attached them to my name and my account......meanwhile this persons bill for her internet service that shes using is way overdue but she doesnt know it because I have her bill and her account :0 !!! that's why I refuse to get any other services with Optus until Optus can fix the problem they created and maybe when my phones are paid off I will move to another provider....this better not affect my good credit rating and I better not have debt collection agency knocking on my door for a stuff up Optus created or I'm going to have to go to court over this!! So much stress and sleepless nights....months and still ongoing....that's alot of compensation 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus stuff up

Don't go the sleepness nights, just formalise the process. WRITE a complaint to Optus 

Customer Relations Group
PO Box 306
SALISBURY SOUTH
SA 5106

Don't put in too much information. Just the most relevant information. End with what you need to resolve the issue.

You should get a complaint number and response within 14 days. If its not satisfactory, forward the number and complaint to the TIO and they will act on your behalf.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus stuff up

Thanks Peter, 

I will do as you have suggested. Let's see how this goes.

Regards 

0 Kudos
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Optus stuff my account up

I understand your frustration but given you have escalated it to the ombudsman’s office, you need to contact the TIO. 

Sadly, companies do not pay compensation for “sleepless nights”. Though, this post is systemic of an issue I’m seeing more and more, their live chat agents chat to more than one person at a time, so I worry they are attaching services to the wrong account. (I’ve had their chat agents admit that they talk to more than one). 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.