cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus service reception

Hi service provider, I live in a very busy main road area 3 km from Brisbane city but my Optus broadband dongle plug into my computer will not connect to Optus service and my girlfriend’s phone don’t work inside the unit but works when we come out to the main road, we live at (edited) .Why

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Optus service reception

Hi @MK-59, not great to see you're experiencing this issue with your mobile broadband service. 

I've checked our network and there doesn't appear to be any issues reported in your area. I removed the address you listed in your post to avoid any possible privacy issues.

As for why you're experiencing this issue inside the unit, so buildings can have a strong impact on the mobile signal that reaches your device. I suggest moving the dongle location around to see if you can find a better signal. A location near a window often provides the best signal.

I also suggest running through our Mobile Broadband Connectivity Guide to see if this improves your signal. If you do require further assistance, please just  message as via the My Optus App so we can help out.  

0 Kudos